Pride of Nations has been updated to Version 1.04!

Started by Asid, September 07, 2016, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 08, 2016, 09:32:47 AM
I have mixed feelings about this game though I've only played it a little. I find it kind of boring. Other than building and buying, there's not a lot to do. If you get excited about finishing a railroad or finding a new source of coffee, then it's great. But it's not a game where you can conquer Europe or invade China. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good game, even great in it's details. It's just not my particular flavor I guess. I hope the patch improves the experience and I would love it if they ever got the Unit Cards to show.

I agree. when I'm in the mood for empire building, I like that type of thing but what I generally find is halfway through the game, I want more warfare and military stuff.   I think the game is what the game will always be. It's never going to add anything substantial as it has already maxed out the capacity of the engine.

I would still love AGEOD to make a "wars of German unification" version where I could fight the Austro Prussian war, Franco Prussian war and Danish- Prussian war. The time period is very interesting.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

ArizonaTank

It is nice to see Paradox continuing to support this game.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 08, 2016, 10:53:01 AM

Paradox.  Are you confusing PoN with Victoria?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on September 08, 2016, 11:10:16 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 08, 2016, 10:53:01 AM

Paradox.  Are you confusing PoN with Victoria?

oops...I meant AGEOD.  In my defense however, I believe PoN was initially released by Paradox, back when AGEOD and Paradox had briefly joined hands.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

It was indeed a joint operation, and my original copy was from that union via (my original) Gamersgate account.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

I'm having problems with the link. I keep dropping back to the members club... Any ideas?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Silent Disapproval Robot

Got mine working.  Thanks all.

Boggit, here's the link I used to get the patch.

http://www.matrixgames.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=486

Philippe,  could you please point me to the file I need to edit in order to change the music volume in game? 

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

glen55

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 08, 2016, 09:32:47 AM
I have mixed feelings about this game though I've only played it a little. I find it kind of boring. Other than building and buying, there's not a lot to do. If you get excited about finishing a railroad or finding a new source of coffee, then it's great. But it's not a game where you can conquer Europe or invade China. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good game, even great in it's details. It's just not my particular flavor I guess. I hope the patch improves the experience and I would love it if they ever got the Unit Cards to show.

Oh that sounds like fun!  :D  But I'm worried about those turn resolutions. It has been a long time since the days of keeping a book by my computer for processing times.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower