How to Divide N. America and Europe

Started by Gusington, June 06, 2012, 12:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Kohr ? ...damned Commie anarchist  >:(
...to sad the bullet with his name on it somehow missed him in Spanish civil war  ::)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on June 06, 2012, 08:21:07 PMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but for the longest time, people in the US thought of themselves as Americans second, and whichever State they were from first. 

you haven't spent enough time in the South.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

meadbelly

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 07, 2012, 05:31:55 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on June 06, 2012, 08:21:07 PMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but for the longest time, people in the US thought of themselves as Americans second, and whichever State they were from first. 

you haven't spent enough time in the South.

Lol, are you speaking toward an occasional southern tradition to think of themselves as from their State first. . . and only?

I've heard that enough to believe it's not completely hype.  :)

Smuckatelli

From the link:

But if the ideal state cannot be attained, at least it can be approached, Kohr thought, by reducing the scale of government. Which sounds a lot like the famous quote from Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience": "That government is best which governs least." But in Kohr's vision, smaller government should mean, first and foremost, a smaller area to govern. In such smallness, greatness resides. Counterintuitive as that may sound, didn't Greece and Italy have their Golden Ages when they were divided into countless city-states? Not a coincidence, according to Kohr: smaller states produce more culture, wealth and happiness.

The 10th Amendment was supposed to limit the size and authority of the Federal Government.