American Truck Simulator has launched! (Linux, Mac, Windows)

Started by Huw the Poo, February 02, 2016, 02:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 29, 2016, 05:17:27 PM
Bless its heart, I had to go and buy the full version. WHY IS THIS GAME such fun?

It's relaxing

WallysWorld

The map re-scale beta has been released for ATS. You have to opt into the beta on Steam to download it. I am doing so now and the download is about 640 MB is size.

Was really waiting for this re-scale to be released even if it's beta.

ATS developer blog
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

BanzaiCat

Quote from: WallysWorld on November 15, 2016, 03:22:33 PM
The map re-scale beta has been released for ATS. You have to opt into the beta on Steam to download it. I am doing so now and the download is about 640 MB is size.

Was really waiting for this re-scale to be released even if it's beta.

ATS developer blog

Interesting...changing the scale from 1:35 to 1:20 will certainly add more driving time. Let us know how that goes - I don't usually mess with the optional betas. If I install it does that mean the 'regular' version of ATS goes away?

WallysWorld

So far, very good. No crashes or anything like that and SCS released a beta update yesterday. But some users have complained of frame rate issues in cities. I haven't found any myself.

Really like the re-scale as the old scale made the driving way too short.

Almost all mods that I did have work fine with the beta: jazzycat's AI traffic, physics mods and so on.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

BanzaiCat

I hadn't thought about trying any mods, WW. Which ones do you recommend? I take it the one you mentioned is good.

I did install the beta but I haven't fired it up yet.

WallysWorld

The AI traffic mods by Jazzycat are excellent as they add a bunch of varied traffic to the game: Jazzycat's ATS traffic mods

The longer yellow lights mod is also good as I find that the yellow lights are too fast: ATS longer yellow light mod

Lastly this sound pack is also very good: ATS sound pack mod

BanzaiCat

Nice! Thanks for the recommends. I'm going to play this when I have a few hours of uninterrupted time...