Who keeps going back to Sword of the Stars II?

Started by Sparhawk, January 02, 2017, 10:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sparhawk

I enjoyed the first SotS but I feel Kerberos went in all the right directions with II. I just don't feel compelled to go back to I. Okay, there are some fails, it processes so slow, maybe the pace I enjoy is because the ai isn't top of the line. I do know that I can get buried by the Polaris Sector AI if don't keep on top of it, I love that game as well. SotS II needs more work, we need a III, but II is still pretty great. Best of all it's different in all the right ways. Technology can be so frustrating yet rewarding. If I fail at researching rapid pulse lasers watch me sit on the edge of my seat while I study the feasibility of phalanx pd. I like playing humans and top end techs in each tree are hard to come by. If I've got shields mk I it really is hit or  miss wether I can get mk II. Once I get the tech to make dreadnoughts then leviathans, goodness those beasts are fun to fight with. I have played Distant Worlds to many times to count at this point and it is different in so many right ways as well. Tech is so linear and predictable though. SotS II forces me to go down different paths outside my comfort zone and it pays off. Well I certainly don't want to sound like a fanboy of an imperfect game, but aren't they all. I just find myself racking up hours beyond my expectations. Instead of more hours in SotS II I'd love giving SotS III a spin.