Arguing on the internet

Started by bayonetbrant, February 13, 2017, 09:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: chemkid on February 13, 2017, 12:28:49 PM
searched for 60 seconds - cannot find the 'delete account' option. must be somewhere in account settings but i must be blind... need a little help here.

how much help do you need?  ;)
I can find it for you!  <:-)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

I think I just had an argument with the argument  ::) I thought I was pretty reasonable to be fair   O:-) I think the turning point was when I said , back off snowflake .......that's when I decided arguing with myself was getting me nowhere  :smiley6600:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Steelgrave

Quote from: Emeraldlis on February 13, 2017, 05:57:14 PM
I think I just had an argument with the argument  ::) I thought I was pretty reasonable to be fair   O:-) I think the turning point was when I said , back off snowflake .......that's when I decided arguing with myself was getting me nowhere  :smiley6600:

I hear the Frying Pan option settles arguments quite decisively.

besilarius

Oh, Gawd, is Mrs. Bawb loose with that frying pan again?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Emeraldlis



Frying pan power ...hell yeah !!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Steelgrave


Sir Slash

My wife can do a double-tap move with hers like a Ninja warrior and not even spill what she's cooking. I seriously hope this becomes an Olympic Event someday so you guys can see it for yourselves.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 13, 2017, 10:39:00 PM
I seriously hope this becomes an Olympic Event someday so you guys can see it for yourselves.  :o

if this sport spreads, is it then called a pandemic  ^-^

Emeraldlis

^^^hahahahahaha  ;D

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 13, 2017, 10:39:00 PM
My wife can do a double-tap move with hers like a Ninja warrior and not even spill what she's cooking. I seriously hope this becomes an Olympic Event someday so you guys can see it for yourselves.  :o

With your wife being that good , she needs to bring her heavy duty skillet frying pan  ;)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Sir Slash

She likes 'Teflon' because it doesn't stick.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Hofstadter

I don't bother arguing with other people  on the internet. In my experience arguments are 20 percent facts, 10 percent volume, and 70 percent likeability.

So I just agree with people to get it over and done with.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"