DCS World - WW2 Normandy MAP and ASSET pack on sale as bundle on Friday

Started by Destraex, March 08, 2017, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

OK just realise my title is a bit misleading. The pre-order is Friday and will be special as the release price is as a separate asset and map pack and will cost double if you buy both... it's expensive as buggery.
Sorry but all I see is the facebook trailer atm... no youtube link :(

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/videos/10158413498320341/




The DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available for download by late April 2017.
More details coming this weekend in the Newsletter!
The DCS: Normandy 1944 Map is centred on the World War II battlefield of Normandy, France and is specifically created to depict the period after the D-Day landings and the establishment of several allied airfields in Normandy to support the beachhead breakout in late June 1944. The map measures 267 x 348 kilometres and includes airfields in both Normandy and southern England. The map includes the famous D-Day landing beaches and the "Atlantic Wall", rolling bocage fields of Normandy, large cities like Caen and Rouen, ports of Cherbourg and Le Havre, and 30 airfields. The map also includes multiple seasons and more detail and accuracy than any previous DCS World map by utilizing new map technologies.
A vital aspect of creating an authentic World War II battlefield is to populate it with matching artificial intelligence (AI) World War II assets. The DCS: World War II Assets Pack provides numerous World War II air, land and sea assets to populate the Normandy and other DCS World maps with. Eagle Dynamics has spent the last three year creating an entirely new set of combat vehicles to support DCS: World War II, and each unit is created with an exceptional level of detail and accuracy. These assets include:
• Tanks and Mobile Artillery
o M4 Sherman Firefly
o M4A4 Sherman with "Rhino" hedge cutter
o Mk VIII Cromwell
o Jagdpanzer IV
o Sd.Kfz. 162
o Tiger I
o Tiger II
o Panther V
o Panzer IV
o Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär, Sd. Kfz. 166
o Jagdpanther G1
• Cars and Trucks
o Jeep Willys
o Truck CCKW 353
o Bedford MWD
o Kübelwagen 82
o Truck Blitz 36-6700A
• Steam Train and Cars
o DRG Class 86 locomotive
o Tank wagon
o G10 covered wagon
o DR 50 Ton Flat Wagon Type SSys
• Anti-Aircraft Artillery
o Bofors 40 mm gun
o 8.8 cm Flak Gun 18, 36, & 37
o 2 cm Flak 30/38/Flakvierling
• Ships
o LCVP Higgins
o LST Mk2
o USS Samuel Chase
• Infantry
o US soldier
o UK soldier
o German soldier
• Aircraft
o B-17G bomber
The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions that includes:
• New tanks
• SdKfz 234/2 "Puma"
• Sd.Kfz. 251
• Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad
• Horch staff car
• E-boat Schnellboot type S-130
• Uboat type 7
• German search lights
• Barrage balloons
• Avro Lancaster
• Hawker Typhoon
• C-47
• Ju-88
• Fw 190 A-6 and A-8
• Bf 109 G-6
• A-20 Havoc/Boston
• B-24
• B-25
• B-26
The DCS: Normandy Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available as a 20%-off, pre-purchase bundle for $47.99. Upon release in late April 2017, the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack bundle will be sold for $59.99, and the stand-alone DCS: Normandy 1944 Map for $44.99 and the stand-alone DCS: World War II Assets pack for $29.99.
Note: Those that took part in the DCS: World War II Kickstarter campaign, and provided a high enough contribution to receive the Normandy map, will receive the assets pack for free.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Staggerwing

Any chance that ED will make the ground vehicles controllable like they did with that module for the modern version?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

IronX


jomni

Can we fly jets there? I guess the airfields won't be appropriate for jets.

Yskonyn

Yes many ground units will be Combined Arms compatible so you can order them around or take command.
The map is just that; a theatre, so yes you will be able to create missions using whatever modules you fancy.
ED even stated that they think the Normandy map will prove to become a favorite for CAS based scenarios.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Destraex

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 08, 2017, 08:16:19 PM
Any chance that ED will make the ground vehicles controllable like they did with that module for the modern version?

I believe it ties in with the module that allows this.... oh yeah. See Yskonyn above.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"


Rekim

Quote from: Destraex on March 10, 2017, 06:30:44 PM
Grabbed it. Not sure if it is downloadable yet.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/special_offers/normandy_and_wwii_assets_pack_bundle/

according to today's news letter:

The DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and DCS: World War II Assets Pack will be available for download by late May 2017.

Destraex

Well at least I beat the price... which will be double later as the packs will be separated.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Staggerwing

How do you find out how to qualify for a free copy from the Kickstarter? IIRC, I pledged for 2 aircraft and the map.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Yskonyn

Interesting question, Staggerwing. One I have been asking myself too. I guess you should file a ticket?
Keep us posted please.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

I sent them a support ticket with the question. I'll post the reply when/if I get it.

I suspect that when the map becomes available it will be unlocked in the Module Manager just like an aircraft if one is registered as a kickstarter backer with ED. IIRC, there was another thread a while back on how to verify that they know you qualify.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

magnus

You can check yourself in your profile, and then look under personal information.

It will say if you were a backer and to what level.

Staggerwing

Quote from: magnus on March 11, 2017, 07:40:15 AM
You can check yourself in your profile, and then look under personal information.

It will say if you were a backer and to what level.

Yes that is correct. I am already listed as a backer. I seem to recall that I had to do something to get listed as backer on my DCS profile though it was a while ago.

I also just received a support response confirming that the map will automatically unlock for those who's KS backing was of a sufficient level.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys