WWII MP Shooter: Hell Let Loose

Started by IronX, October 02, 2017, 01:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

IronX

Described as a "realistic multiplayer World War Two combined arms first person shooter of open battles of up to 100 players with infantry, tanks, artillery and a shifting front line".

Now on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackmatter/hell-let-loose/description

Destraex

This looks like heroes and generals all over again?
I would also support this just because it's Aussie Devs. But unless this can show that it is more like a front line battle than a skirmish where the players simply run around without fear camping and sniping from the rear. I aint biting.

So far Tripwires FPS games are the best of breed as far as I am concerned. I wish Verdun was better but it just cannot get it's netcode together enough. Tripwire FPS games are playable while being realistic and atmospheric enough. But not so much that it takes 50 minutes to respawn.

P.S. I do wish for a realistic slasher like war of the roses again. There is nothing out their. Mordhau thinks its realistic but is nothing of the sort :(
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Surtur

I have good memories of War of the Roses!

This looks good but:
QuoteOr do you defend your munitions depot, allowing you to continue a brutal naval bombardment?
- I do not really see how this is makes sense.
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Destraex

lol. That makes sense to me from a gameplay perspective. I am guessing most artillery and off map support need munitions and supply to be kept.
But yeah.... no point passing naval shells back out to the ships after you invade normandy.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Surtur

Hehehe, sure, from a gaming perspective it makes sense and while I would expect to see something like that ingame, I would not expect to read it as a feature highlighting how realistic the game is  O:-)
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Slick Wilhelm

#5