Rome Total War Bad UI Rant

Started by Cheimison, October 31, 2017, 08:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 03, 2017, 09:23:23 AM
What's good about it Crossroads?

Overall, it is just a great mod. Economics, building types, factions, everything's been totally redone. It's got a very nice, historical feel, and it covers the whole Roman world of the time.

It feels it's age, but the graphics are all redone, so it is as good as it gets with that engine. Republic feels like a republic, there's the various reforms, at the stage when you start to have your numbered legions it goes yet to another level, for me at least.

Give it a try if you have the time. The forum I linked has gone a bit quiet lately, but there's many great threads to look at for help in getting started.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

In other words, the strategic map is fully immersive as well, as you plan on how to develop each city and region as well, and there's a plethora of choices and routes to take.  :dreamer:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Sir Slash

Sounds good. Maybe I'll give it a look-see.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on November 03, 2017, 10:27:12 AM
Quote from: jomni on November 02, 2017, 10:00:31 PM
I won and survived realm divide with no mods

Same!   :bd:   <:-)

Wasn't easy!

But it was a very proud moment.

Sir Slash

If it'd been me, I would have put it in capital letters under my avatar. And begin every post with that Title.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 04, 2017, 10:40:14 AM
If it'd been me, I would have put it in capital letters under my avatar. And begin every post with that Title.

Did it on my first try, even.  Came down to one final tough defensive battle outside Kyoto with one turn left.   *whew*

Gusington

I never won Shogun 2 in any era but came the closest in Fall of the Samurai. I had conquered half of Japan and had sent an army and fleet to take the capital and both were sunk just off shore from the city. I raged for days. But I lost fair and square. I'll be back though, soon :) It's been too long.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The vanilla 'Realm Divide' caught me at the worst possible time with Public Order falling because of religious differences and my armies at the front fighting the war. When my allies all deserted me, I knew it was time to end it all with honor. So I quit and went to the Darth Mod.

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2017, 11:30:14 AM
I never won Shogun 2 in any era but came the closest in Fall of the Samurai. I had conquered half of Japan and had sent an army and fleet to take the capital and both were sunk just off shore from the city. I raged for days. But I lost fair and square. I'll be back though, soon :) It's been too long.
I have!  :P

(That said, it's not that common an occurrence unless you get off to a good start and can survive the early AI rush sufficient to build up your fiefdom to a self supporting level. My last few efforts as the Hattori in SJ were disastrous, although I conquered the map with the Otomo. With FotS, its the same issue, but conquered map after the realm divide with the Satsuma (Imperial) and Nagaoka (Shogun). I also had another try as Nagaoka thwarted, so it's hard but not impossible). Rebellion causing units are essential units IMOH for a win in any of the TW:S2 campaigns.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat