SPACE MARINE II - Gameplay reveal trailer

Started by Destraex, December 09, 2022, 06:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I found the original fairly boring. But it was 40k so I did not mind it.
This one also looks fairly mundane but Tyranids are cool. I don't know about the grid iron helmets either ;)
The whole thing reminds me of Darktide with one guy.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

The original was definitely on rails but I couldn't help but really enjoy myself. Surprised it has taken this long for the sequel to emerge.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'll echo that.  The original may have been on rails but boy it was good old fashioned fun killing orks as a space marine. 

I'm definitely getting this one on day one sight unseen no questions asked.  The Emperor told me to do it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

I'm still wondering what games workshop did with "astartes" the youtube animation artist after they hired him. I expected some sort of Space Marine TV series but nothing for over a year now. Warhammer TV just seems to be an advertising vehicle for the tabletop games rather than a fully feldged video studio. They have artists working on silly things like animated joke memes.
Could astartes have worked on space marine? Doubtful.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on December 09, 2022, 07:38:35 PM
I'm still wondering what games workshop did with "astartes" the youtube animation artist after they hired him. I expected some sort of Space Marine TV series but nothing for over a year now. Warhammer TV just seems to be an advertising vehicle for the tabletop games rather than a fully feldged video studio. They have artists working on silly things like animated joke memes.

The guy that made Astartes,  Syama Pedersen, is making an official branded series for GW and Warhammer Plus that will take up where the story left off with a full budget.  He's not working on SM II.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 09, 2022, 07:58:45 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 09, 2022, 07:38:35 PM

The guy that made Astartes,  Syama Pedersen, is making an official branded series for GW and Warhammer Plus that will take up where the story left off with a full budget.  He's not working on SM II.
That sounds amazing. I hope they leave him alone to do his thing. I know what large company politicking does to things these days. Everybody wants a finger in the pie with their own agendas and it ruins things. Mark my words and compare his original work to what gets churned out now that the money is involved as well as the marketing message people. Where did you see that he was working on a TV series (I hope it's a TV series now that he has a budget)? I'd like to pass that exciting news to some friends.