Bearings Only- a minimalist sub knife fight

Started by CJReich46, March 14, 2025, 08:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CJReich46

Looking for a simple and I mean minimalist  turn based sub simulator that you can play in your browser?

I found this on Tally-Ho. It's basically the sonar waterfall (if you remember the screen by the sonar station in Hunt for Red October you might get what I'm talking about) but it's you, an enemy sub, and you each have four torpedoes. In other words, a knife-fight.

It's single and multiplayer but I don't know how to do the multiplayer. It's designed by a Submariner too. I've played it many times and only recently I managed to kill the enemy sub. But it's free, you can easily play it on your browser.

https://bearingsonly.net/
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

#1
Thanks for posting!  This is cool as hell and fairly in-depth, though I can't say I have it remotely figured out yet.

Multiplayer looks pretty straightforward to set up.  You get a randomized link which you put into your URL bar and send to your friend. 

EDIT - The AAR feature really helps a lot.  Getting a hang of this, but it seems pretty dang complex.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.