Steam Summer Sale 2024: June 27 - July 11

Started by ArizonaTank, June 26, 2024, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bobarossa

#90
Quote from: Anguille on July 07, 2024, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on July 02, 2024, 09:18:12 AMI've put Humankind and its Together We Rule expansion pack in my cart.  Totals $12 which is under the $15 limit I put on steam games.  Now to search for Grogheads comments on the game.  I see it has a pretty low rating on Steam (65% positive).
I have been playing it recently and like it. It's different enough from Civ games and the artwork and music is great. Still playing my first game.
Thx for replying.  I had read more reviews and removed it but I'll reconsider. 

Added Humankind and DLC back plus ended up adding Rise of the White Sun for ~$10.  Purchased.  Hadn't bought anything from Steam since last summer's sale (Medieval TW 2)

ArizonaTank

...not only did Steam sting my wallet pretty good...I also stocked up on WDS titles...

Overall, I feel pretty good about my purchases. Not to derail the thread, I have been particularly impressed with some of the more recent WDS titles and updates; I thought I would never say that.


But like most folks (probably), this means I won't be buying anything that is not on sale in the future.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I went from a sub-total of about 110.00 when the sale first started down to 40.00 spent, with possibly another 20.00 before the sale ends.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

I bought Palworld, Halls of Torment, and Saga Frontier for about $40 all in.
Insert witty comment here.

ArizonaTank

#94
Quote from: jamus34 on July 08, 2024, 12:31:13 PMI bought Palworld...

Palworld is my guilty pleasure. 50+ hours cultivating a team of those cutesy, Pokemon-like creatures into a fearsome "A Team," capable of taking on the nastiest bosses. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I didn't even know a remake of the original Wizardry was released, and literally 2 hours before the Steam sale ended...had to have it. I am weak  :emporerslightning:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just got an email offering me an "All time high" discount for Wizardry.  I assumed it was for the remake that came out 5-6 years ago.  I clicked the link and was surprised to learn that this was a brand new remake.

Then I saw the price and cursed their "discount".


ArizonaTank

#97
I think I spent more on this sale than I ever have on a Steam sale. The only good news is that everything I bought was under $25, and the vast majority were under $10. I even got some at less than $1 each (Portal and Portal2).

If I add in a substantial WDS purchase, boardgame purchases and tank model kits and supplies, I will be surprised if my wife doesn't divorce me...;)

The silver lining there would be that I would have more time to actually play the games I just bought...:)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

steve58

I thought this was one of the best sales Steam has had in years, but hemmed and hawed and ended up buying...nothing. :embarrassed:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Same here but I do agree it was the best Sale in quite some time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I think the only two things I bought weren't on sale. (Or not on Steam sale per se, one was a small new release discount.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ian C

#101
I got The Fermi Paradox, Not For Broadcast, Star Dynasties, Strange Horticulture and Humankind. Despite the mixed reviews on STEAM, for me, Humankind is far more fun than Civilization, which I never really got into.