Moving from Over Flanders Fields to Rise of Flight

Started by Gusington, December 04, 2012, 09:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Which plane are you trying to fly? Some don't use mixture..

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

Under settings? OK I'll check. I'm training in the Spad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Reset the default settings and tried once more...I was using the wrong plus/minus keys...of course now the family is ready for me to grill dinner so I'll have to attempt to actually take off later tonight. Thanks for the help guys...it was my own doofosity getting in my way. Again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

I would use "simple gauges" as well (enable in settings somewhere, and then default ctrl-I in game, I think) This brings up a HUD with clock (pointless), compass (v useful) and engine monitor (essential).  The engine gauge shows your throttle, mixture and radiator settings, so you can what effect what key-presses are having

Gusington

Let's see how well I take to using the default. If I can handle it then I'll be happy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

I've got RoF and several of the planes.  If I get RoF:ICE, can both my versions be combined?  I'm just thinking a head a bit as I'm pretty sure my wife got me a TrackIR 5 for Christmas  :P

p.s. on sale at Amazon: Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition $7.99
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Don't bother with ICE if you've already got the base game and other planes.  Yes, you can combine them but it'll likely be cheaper for you just to buy the planes you don't have directly from the ROF store. 

Staggerwing

W00t!!!! I prepurchased so I'm going to check them out ASAP!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Awesome, want to get both...need more RoF experience...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Warning.  The update is 791MB and it resets your graphics and game settings to default so you might want to make note of what you've got prior to installing the upgrade.  Thankfully it doesn't reset your control bindings.

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 25, 2012, 12:15:49 AM
Warning.  The update is 791MB and it resets your graphics and game settings to default so you might want to make note of what you've got prior to installing the upgrade.  Thankfully it doesn't reset your control bindings.

Dang.   I'm still travelling around and won't be back at my desktop for a week or more!