Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)

Started by Lowenstaat, November 29, 2025, 12:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lowenstaat

Yesterday, Grand Engineer Corps officially announced a sequel to Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861–1865), expanding Grand Tactician into a full game series!

The new title is Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815).


"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Lowenstaat

Here's a couple YouTubers' analysis of the announcement of the game:



Here's the Steam game page summary:

"Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815) is the second title in Grand Tactician series of historical real-time strategy games. The French Revolution has put Europe in turmoil, sparking an era of warfare in an unprecedented scale. Play historical campaigns of the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, from single theater focus campaigns to a Europe-wide grand campaign as one of the main belligerents. Manage your nation through political, diplomatic and military means. Recruit, upkeep and send on operations great armies of infantry, cavalry and artillery, and choose the best officers to lead your men. Support operations with constant flow of supplies or make war feed war.


MAIN FEATURES

  • Historically detailed campaigns from Napoleon's Italian campaign to 100 days.
  • Playable nations with different objectives, capabilities and military organizations.
  • Epic battles in up to 1:1 scale, taking place in battlefields generated from topography of the exact location where forces engage.
  • Military management where organization, doctrine, command & control, leadership, supplies and drill all play important roles.
  • Detailed battlefield simulation including orders delivered by couriers, fog of war, weather and visual conditions and deep morale and cohesion systems.
  • Historical units of infantry, cavalry and artillery, all with their different formations and tactics.

Will you become the master of Europe?"
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Holy crap. I am in! Is it multiplayer like scourge if war?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

#5
Not really the same kind of game despite the tactical battle form.

And no, the game(s) in this series haven't been multiplayer.

(I say "game(s)" because The Seven Years War is very similar in design and may be designer-related although I don't recall for sure. Not technically the same "series", of course.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 29, 2025, 09:40:28 PMNot really the same kind of game despite the tactical battle form.

And no, the game(s) in this series haven't been multiplayer.

(I say "game(s)" because The Seven Years War is very similar in design and may be designer-related although I don't recall for sure. Not technically the same "series", of course.)
I have grand tactician civil war. Looked at it for 5 mins. Looked really good. But I did not have time to get into the weeds with it. So I know what the format is like. It is certainly something that could be multiplater in the way that stellaris or war in the pacific is multiplayer. But I guess it does mean that it leaves room for scourge of war to remain the king when it comes to grognard multiplayer battles.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

This statement from the steam page blew me away. Not even scourge of war was 1:1.
"Epic battles in up to 1:1 scale, taking place in battlefields generated from topography of the exact location where forces engage."
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

Des, I agree It would be nice to have mp to experience this with friends.  It's a single player focused game for sure. 

In a way, this game and scourge compliment each other.  For mp, play scourge, for sp campaign experience play grand tactician.

Going off the civil war game, the campaign plays like hearts of iron, with tactical battles similar to scourge.  When I say hearts of iron, I mean historical fiction sandbox and in real-time.  There's settings to make it more historical, but I play games like this for the what if history, not doing the same as history.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose