World of Warcraft bans 100k Accounts

Started by LongBlade, May 15, 2015, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Blizzard just dropped the hammer on 100,000 accounts that were using bots.

QuoteThe bans are reportedly for six months.

The Daily Dot notes that the 'bots', software programs that automate specific processes in a game, are popular in massively multiplayer titles like "World of Warcraft" where players often need to undertake repetitive tasks to access fresh game content.

source: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/05/15/blizzard-hands-out-bans-to-more-than-100000-world-warcraft-players/?intcmp=features
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

There goes half their subscribers!

:P

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on May 15, 2015, 12:52:03 PM
There goes half their subscribers!

:P

No, but World of WarCraft is down to 7.1 million subscribers, according to MMO Champion.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on May 15, 2015, 09:53:28 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 15, 2015, 12:52:03 PM
There goes half their subscribers!

:P

No, but World of WarCraft is down to 7.1 million subscribers, according to MMO Champion.

Then they obviously didn't boot anywhere near the total amount of botters and spammers.  :P

DennisS

I played the hell out of WoW, for many years. I was even in the Beta. It's still a good game, but it took less and less time to get bored with it, on the three occasions that I went back to it.

Rayfer

Quote from: DennisS on May 16, 2015, 08:50:16 AM
I played the hell out of WoW, for many years. I was even in the Beta. It's still a good game, but it took less and less time to get bored with it, on the three occasions that I went back to it.

My experience exactly (except for the Beta part, I wasn't in it)...I finally just let it go and moved on.