There will be Total War: Warhammer?

Started by PAK, January 14, 2015, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PAK

Something very, very interesting on RPS
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/14/its-time-total-war-warhammer-confirmed/
Surprising, that only now it is going to happen(?) , I've always thought that Total War system (from the first iteration) was well suitable for digitalisation of the "War Tool".

panzerde

I saw this too. I think the TW engine is probably really well suited to this.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on January 14, 2015, 05:30:39 PM
I saw this too. I think the TW engine is probably really well suited to this.

Yeah.  Let's hope their 'B' Team is up to it.

FlickJax

I have wanted this for so longgggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Skwerl


Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on January 14, 2015, 05:59:32 PM
Quote from: panzerde on January 14, 2015, 05:30:39 PM
I saw this too. I think the TW engine is probably really well suited to this.

Yeah.  Let's hope their 'B' Team is up to it.

Let's hope their A+ team is up to it.....

Heck, as far as I am concerned, they can drop Toilet-Rehash-Total-War 3 and put all the resources into the WTW!  >:D

Martok

Am hopeful for this one.  I'm not very familiar with the Warhammer universe, which probably helps with expectations (i.e., I'm not expecting the sun & moon). 

My main hope/concern is that we're still given some sort of open-world/sandbox-style campaign (like the other TW titles).  If we're restriction to a mission-based campaign, my interest will not be nearly as high. 




Quote from: PAK on January 14, 2015, 04:42:55 PM
Surprising, that only now it is going to happen(?) , I've always thought that Total War system (from the first iteration) was well suitable for digitalisation of the "War Tool".
Well CA/Sega only acquired the rights - 1 year ago? 2? -- so they probably haven't been ready to officially announce anything yet, other than to mention (in the art-book) that it's in the pipeline.  I suspect we still won't hear anything from CA themselves til at least this summer. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces