for "GJK" who's Feedback Updated WarTactical to v539 thankyou

Started by gameleaper, August 29, 2013, 10:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

GJK I didn't want to get my hands dirty again needed a rest, but your feedback was so good I had to update WarTactical to v539

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ks56565bf23rgzm/WarTactical539B.zip

First off I put a box indicator on the defender in the results , so now you get a line in the summary and also a box and line back on the Map.

I changed the Leader module especialy for you GJK, its got an MG nest protecting the hill from the south, you now have to face attacks from a stacked set of MGs, the idea behind stacking is you get more shots, so spread out the strength and increase the attacks. the MGs will give a type of defensive fire, I hope you like the idea.

Thankyou GJK for a real lesson in feedback

gameleaper

also I came up with the idea to give the advancing units an armor rateing, so they get a bonus from a non armor attack from the MGs, they would then be reduced to suppressive fire

spelk

@gameleaper, my advice, if you want to get players interested in your game/games/construction kit is get a free blog site (blogger.com, or wordpress.com) - post up development diaries, game information, example screenshots, and a downloads page for all your versions - with links to mediafire - you might even be able to host the files on the free blogsite, if theyre not too big in size.

Once you have something, say wartactical.blogspot.co.uk or wartactical.wordpress.com, then players with have a central point to check in with, get the latest version andkeep abreast of development news. So you pipe the information into one place, and the people interested can come and explore more info and get the game. It would give you a "presence" on the net, adding weight to your game and its development. A lot of people are suspect of downloading one off files from mediafire - I think if you had a web presence - free - then you might get more interest in the game itself.

Anyway, just my thoughts - as someone who has seen/followed a lot of potential games in development.

GJK

No problem gameleaper.  I'll download your latest version this weekend and give it a spin.  I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, I was going to ask what programming language you're writing your game in?  I've dabbled in learning several languages but haven't really gotten anywhere with it.  If I could program, there's a few ideas that I'd love to put on the computer!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

spelk I know Im getting annoying posting, I keep thinking that's it, sorry. the sites you suggest I will look at thanks so much, but I ve finished now, but still could be very interesting sites.

gameleaper

GJK, thanks for your input! Im using blitz programing , its a type of superbasic language, its easy to use and cheap to buy from blitzbasic.com , but you will need to find tutorials.

spelk

Quote from: gameleaper on August 29, 2013, 11:02:08 AM
spelk I know Im getting annoying posting, I keep thinking that's it, sorry. the sites you suggest I will look at thanks so much, but I ve finished now, but still could be very interesting sites.

Oh gameleaper, I didn't mean to sound annoyed. It's fine, I'd just like to see your title get a bit of a web presence about it, and hopefully people will come at it from a more open perspective.

I hope you can get the game off the ground and get interest in it.

We need more budding wargame developers like you.

GJK

Quote from: gameleaper on August 29, 2013, 11:04:49 AM
GJK, thanks for your input! Im using blitz programing , its a type of superbasic language, its easy to use and cheap to buy from blitzbasic.com , but you will need to find tutorials.

Thanks, I'll check that out.  Do you come from a programming background or is this your first attempt?  I'm very impressed either way - you do have the makings of a pretty cool little wargaming tool kit.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

gameleaper

Quote from: GJK on August 29, 2013, 11:15:22 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on August 29, 2013, 11:04:49 AM

Thanks, I'll check that out.  Do you come from a programming background or is this your first attempt?  I'm very impressed either way - you do have the makings of a pretty cool little wargaming tool kit.

Ive been to poly and learned assembly and pascal, Ive learned cobol at colledge, Ive been employed as a dbase programmer, and believe it or not I actualy ran a computer dept 20years ago. Ive used a computer everyday for 33 years, I started gameing on main frames. :) its been fun

gameleaper

spelk dave at the freewargamer is kindly putting wartactical online

http://www.freewargamer.com/tbs/wartactical-mini-site/

he probably will put v539 online soon I think

gameleaper

Thought I'd share the download stats for the last 2 weeks, this is so you know your not alone when using WarTactical and its safe, also I think that v539B will soon be on Davids site http://www.freewargamer.com/tbs/wartactical-mini-site/ if not get it here while the link lasts, its on a free ftp mediafire, also you can see from the stats many people have downloaded it without any problems, so please give it ago?