Crusader Kings II 1.05 patch released

Started by TheCommandTent, April 18, 2012, 08:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Just a heads up to everyone this was release yesterday.

For the full list of changes   http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?601466-PATCH-RELEASED-%28v1.05%29-Checksum-NPPS

QuoteMAJOR:
- You can now ask to join many types of wars
- Participants in wars now get a contribution score which determines how much prestige and piety they get when the war ends
- Crusades now target entire de jure kingdoms. The Pope declares the war and other rulers can then join the attacking alliance. The one who contributes the most gains the targeted kingdom.
- Streamlined marriage interface allowing matrilineal betrothals
- Loads of new events for regencies, friendships and rivalries
- Plot to revoke the title of a vassal
- The Kill Plot is now more available and targets a wider selection of logical characters
- Portrait clothes are now uncoupled from ethnicity
- Added Causes of Death
- Added some purely naval mercenary units
- Improved military AI
- Armies can now be "attached" to each other, which means they will just follow the lead army
- Duchies can now be assimilated into another de jure kingdom (takes 100 years)
- Now possible to create titular titles at double cost if you hold the scripted capital
- Empires are now allowed to create kingdoms
- You can now only create kingdoms if you are already a king or emperor, or hold more than one duchy titles
- Added the kingdoms of Frisia, Lotharingia, Bavaria, Pomerania, Aquitaine and Brittany
- The kingdoms of Galicia and Navarre are now de jure kingdoms
- The kingdom of Al-Andalus is now called Andalusia and can be created by anyone in the Arabic culture group
- Changed "Ducal Claim" wars to "De Jure Claim". De Jure kings and emperors can now take counties in their de jure realm
- Assassinations are now more expensive depending on the rank of the target
- All factions in civil wars are now hostile to outside attackers
- Cannot end civil wars until the temporarily independent vassal has no holdings occupied by outsiders
- Tribal Invasion CB: Now destroys all duchies and kingdoms in the conquered realm
- Children now always get the same education type as their guardian
- The Holy Order troop size now scales with the moral authority of the church
- Republics now get a special CB to seize coastal provinces
- Republics (count or above tier) now get a tax bonus from all cities in their realm
- Republics (count or above tier) now get an extra tax bonus from all coastal cities in their realm
- Republics (duke or above tier) now get an extra tax bonus from their capital city
- Women and illegitimate bastards no longer get pressed (inheritable) claims on their parents' titles
- You can now press the claims of female courtiers and vassals in wars if the target title does not have Agnatic succession
- AI: Vassals should now try to defeat peasant rebels on their own
- AI: Will no longer raise forces in besieged counties
- AI: Nearby religious brethren will now tend to join defenders in Holy Wars
- AI: Lowered general vassal revolt risk and DoW aggressiveness
- Cut the Religious Assistance CB
- There is now a "Plot" button in the character view, offering a more flexible way of picking plots against characters
- Fixed an issue with weird (often infinite) build times that could occur after reload
- Vassals will no longer hate you for newly acquired Holdings that take you above the demesne limit. You have two months to get rid of them.
- Heavily revised vassal revolt risk calculations
- Made the revolters in independence wars start gaining ticking war score, and do so immediately
- Fixed a crash when switching between tabs in the Plot View
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

I hear it's broken numerous things, too.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Nefaro on April 18, 2012, 08:47:19 AM

I hope not.  I have been putting off starting a new campaign until this patch, if what you say is true I might have to wait a little longer.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on April 18, 2012, 08:47:19 AM

Hmmm. Works great for me. Some people are complaining that the trait inheritance system has been made too predictable but that is subjective.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Well, the more i play, the more issues I find with the patch. Hopefully, they will hotfix soon
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

tgb

This morning I tested it out and my biggest complaint is that messages that auto-paused no longer did.  Later this morning Steam downloaded another patch, so I don't know which issues have been fixed, if any.

Nefaro

Some, not all.

Evidentally one biggie is that newly generated characters have all zero stats.  Just one example.

Pdox has been trying their best to get away from packaging up patches and moving to Steam so they can just straight upload updates whenever they're done instead of having to package installers and post them.  Sounds fine for them in theory, but it comes down to their past policy of posting beta updates, to be vetted by the community, getting tossed out the window - ending up in such buggy ass patches.  It also doesn't help that they haven't continued issuing betas to the beta tester version either, so there's been no external testing from what I can tell.  How much they listened to beta patch suggestions and bug reports has been hit or miss in the past, perhaps, but it was a huge benefit.

It's a very good thing they didn't go all-Steam with this.  At least the Gamersgate customers can still play the previous version until it's all fixed.   :-\