WarTactical 520B for WindowsXP\Vista\7\8 etc.. & NOW the Mac

Started by gameleaper, August 21, 2013, 12:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Im at risk of double posting here, but I thought the thread heading should reflect WarTactical is out for the Mac, sorry If you already read this.

WarTactical 520B is for windows & Mac(A version for the Mac for the first time ever) and is free! there is an older game at web-grognards but the site isn't excepting any new files as you will know.

I will give you some info here.

The game is an infantry squad based tactical game but you can use vehicle like tanks etc... it has a computer opponent and is turn based. you use chits for your units on a map, the map is aprox 1 mile square, but the entire map is visible on screen from an overhead view. you have commander HQ units that give bonuses to unit whithin range of your hqs. the units can become shaken and have penalties for being shaken by attackes, so attacking an already shaken unit is a good stategy. the dash at the bottom of the screen shows info on the selected unit such as TEM terrain effects modifier, when a unit has a TEM it gains advantages in defence. you can also see on the dash if it is an amored unit and if it has anti-armor abilities. the dash give real-time info like if your shot hit or missed. Line of sight is also included in the game, if a building is in your way and you have set -up lineOfSight when you or scenario designer created the scenario.

there is a editor to setup a scenario, its very very easy to create a scenario, you can place TEMs roads,rally flags,victory points,walls, lineof sight blockers and units.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h5awrsc9lqkgah/WarTactical520BWindowsAndMac.zip

gameleaper

Does anybody know of ways and places I can post links to this game? also would be happy if you passed the link on to people who would be interested like your friends. I find the people that call themselves grognards are hard to find, and this game is wasted on people playing call of duty :( so any help spreading the link would be a help.

gameleaper

I think this is the final program update I may do some scenarios yet. Ive added battle result explorer to look at every attack, and I added Victory Location control to give more to aim at besides scores alone, the Victory Points can be stacked makeing them more and more valuable to control. the side with most units in the victory area gets the points.

I've added terrain elevations by way of negative & positive TEM(terrain effects modifiers) +1 +2 0 -1 -2, so each area can give upto 5 TEM values, eg open ground can be -2 or -1 to the die roll a hill can be +2 or +1. the TEM is only applied to the defender, but with clever placement by covering the Map with -2 then adding hills with higher TEM values, it would make it better to be on a hill etc...

My aim was to make the game generic as possible. scale & size of units can be changed, the AI I believe can be set so its a really good opponant, the use of walls to baracade-in computer chits & the use of pin-point accurate Line of sight, and TEMs give the AI alot it can do.

I made these final updates as I belived it was what was needed to finish it, I cant see anywhere I need to improve it anymore, just some clever modules.

I also added the MacOSX version, I think that alot more people will get to play now.

And its free, so hope people will enjoy it