Main Menu

EF2000 Reloaded

Started by DoctorQuest, October 18, 2013, 03:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DoctorQuest

Ok. This will NOT appeal to the eye candy crowd who need DCS/FSX graphics goodies. The simple fact is that if you don't understand how cool this is I will never be able to explain. It's like that........

So. With that said......

EF2000 lovers rejoice.

http://community.combatsim.com/topic/32832-ef2000-reloaded/

You do need a valid copy if EF2000 for DOS be it the original version, TACTCOM or the GFX+ version. EF2KRL is a reworked DOSBOX config optimized to run EF2000 with 3DFX emulation. I'm impressed so far. I don't have the best rig in the world and it seems to run just fine. The install file gets you DOSBOX, all the config goodies and a slug of PDF manuals.

I've just scratched the surface of this but I know there are both simmers and retro-gamers around here that might appreciate gameplay over shiny stuff.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

Great sig, Doc! Franklin had a lot of wisdom  8)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Rekim

seems everything aged except for the music.

I enjoyed EF2000

Jarhead0331

So many good times with that sim...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18