RIP Sir George Martin

Started by MetalDog, March 09, 2016, 09:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Without whom, the Beatles wouldn't sound near as close to the Beatles as they do today.  Rest In Peace, Sir George.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beatles-producer-george-martin-dead-at-90-20160309
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Cyrano

People will make much of his genius, and they should, but I have even more regard for his craft and work ethic.  Watch any "making of " for "Sgt. Pepper's" and, woven amidst the egos of the four musicians you will hear the story of a man who damn near drove himself crazy struggling against the technological limitations of the time.  The friendly war between he and the Beatles and Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys created two of the most technologically marvelous albums of the century.  And, to my knowledge, it didn't drive him mad the way it did Brian Wilson.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

I thought at first that was supposed to be George R. R. Martin, and I laughed and laughed and laughed.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bob48

^Don't say things like that, Jason. I'll be having nightmares for weeks.........with the ghost of Robert Jordan rattling a spectral typewriter in the background...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!