create barricades cheap

Started by nevermore, November 08, 2013, 07:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

I first thought about a number of ways to build a barricade, it could be made out of blocks
of wood or foam for crates and boxes, but decided to use Lego bricks, these come in all shapes
and size and have the advantage of being straight on all sides, i also thought about what else could be fixed to a barricade if i was to build it would have to be seen as a number of items that would form a barricade, all the bits and pieces are very cheap and very effective, i suggest if you are making one then make a number of barricades in one go, by the time the pva glues dries you can move onto another piece of item, if you are to build a modern barricade go to charity shops to pick up old cars just for the doors or tyers.
I have made mine to fit a number of periods and once on the tabletop they look a very nice piece of scenery.

I have uploaded the instruction A4 sheets up on the website for anybody who wish to download them onto the pc to follow them, makes life simple for wargamers

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

how to take a screenshot on a pc

image url upload

free uploader

take a screenshot

photo hosting

green shot

free image hosting

imagen

photo sharing websites

image upload

imgurl

green shot

imgur

image hosting 10mb limit

picture uploading

how do i print screen

free image hosting

upload a picture

screen shot windows 7

print screen windows

screenshot pc

The barricades are undercoated with a black spray this give the cardboard a protective coat and paint then can be applied, the paints i used are from sample pots from any DIY shop again cheap and in many colours, small details like the amunition and tissue were given acrlic paints, once dry i used pva on the base and dipped in a box of bird sand, not very expensive and you get alot great value for money, once dry i used chocolate paint pot for the coat and dry brushed with another sample pot called chocolate dream,.
I would like to point out to wargamers out there that this is very simple to create and once all the materials are got is not very expensive, this is my way of creating screnery cheap and easy.

bayonetbrant

how does the tissue hold up w/ the paint?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

nevermore

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 08, 2013, 07:23:56 AM
how does the tissue hold up w/ the paint?

PVA glue tissue into postion, then simply give a coat of pva over the tissue, once its covered it will harden up, then spray can the whole lot, just paint then, use toilet roll its better like i did above that way if it looks shit then people are correct.