Main Menu

Star Control

Started by DicedT, November 15, 2013, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DicedT

Star Control 1 + 2 is $2.39 at GoG. Never played either one. Worth getting in 2013?

GDS_Starfury

I had tons of fun with them waaaay back when.  but now... 
Im sure if you dug around for a minute you can find them for free.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

I believe there's a freebie about that also includes some fixes.

Although it may not come with any manuals & such.

donkey_roxor

The Ur-Quan Masters - a remake of Star Control 2. Fun times!

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Martok

I'm curious to see how Stardock does with the new title they're working on.  I never played either of the original games (yes I know there was a third one; however, by all accounts it was simply terrible), but have always heard good things about them. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

I tend to suspect the (free) remake will be better (I have it and haven't played far, just enough to see it really is SC2).

No point really getting SC1, I guess, since it's only the battle engine (with different storyline). SC2 is absolutely worth getting in some form, but I expect the UQM remake squashed some problems. It also works on Win8, and looks good on a 1080p monitor. Don't know about Gog's version yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!