A True Grog Jack Nastyface

Started by Tomlok, February 22, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

1.  jack is quite the cool amigo.

2.  it really says something when someone singles out a particular member of *this* community for recognition of his helpfulness and geniality, given that we're by and large a pretty decent bunch of chaps.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Ok, back on topic...

So I just poured myself a dram (whatever that is) of the Clan MacGregor.  First impression- hey it tastes just like Scotch!  So go me, I'm developing a taste for it.  What I mean is that if you put a shot of Scotch, Jack Daniels, and Jamesons on a blind taste test, I'm pretty sure I could pick out the Scotch.

Alright, second impression- hey, this tastes just like Scotch and is less than half as expensive as that Glenfiddich 12 I had last weekend.  What gives?

So I googled it and I guess I'm supposed to hate it.  But I don't.  I think it tastes just fine! 

Now then, how will I feel tomorrow?  That's to figure out tomorrow!  However, I do feel inspired to lead Scotland to domination yet again in CK2 this evening!   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

I've not had the pleasure of interacting with Jack but I have read the Wargamer and Grogheads for the last eight or ten years and Jack has always been of even character and comes across as intelligent and well thought out.  It's people like him that make this place a joy to belong to.

And I don't drink Scotch.  Nasty stuff, that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

Yeah, I guess y'all don't drink a whole lot of Scotch down in yer neck o' the woods.

Moonshine on the other hand...how many brands do they have at your local gas station?   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

You mean the stuff we don't use to fuel our jalopies?  One.  It only takes one to get you that fuc*ed up!  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

FrontierCybrarian

I don't post too often but couldn't pass up commenting on this thread.

Absolutely true about the kind, sharing, skillful, and professional manner Jack Nastyface interacts in Grogheads with it's members and readers. I've personally benefited from his sharing board game markers for me to borrow and photocopy to make the game playable. The game and pieces were no longer obtainable so he saved the day. He took a personal interest in me through our pm's and he is a class Canadian individual.

As a result of his kindness the Canadian Hockey team in the Winter Olympics rewarded him with a 1-0 win over the U.S. team. I  wonder what other reward awaits Jack? Maybe a magic bean and the beanstalk.
Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958