The Discerning Grog, or Just an Ornery Old Bastard?

Started by Gusington, March 09, 2014, 07:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

#60
I can't remember (I chose Thief class) but I think they start with a Sling of David,  and Jew-Jistsu.





EDIT: I found the Jew skill tree:

Jew

Sling of David: Casts the first stone at any enemy. Deals more damage if done perfectly, but can lead to self-injury if done improperly.
Level II: Increases the damage of your Sling.
Level III: Inflicts Attack Down and Pissed Off – forcing enemies to target you without using special abilities.
Level IV: Your sling attacks now bounce to a random additional target.
Level V: The more damage you have suffered, the more powerful your Sling becomes.

Jew-Jitsu: Utilizes a secret Jewish martial art to pummel your target with a Stunning strike.
Level II: Increases the damage dealt by your Jew-Jitsu attacks.
Level III: The more damage you have suffered, the more powerful Jew-Jistu becomes.
Level IV: After a successful attack, you are protected by a divine shield that stops the next hit.
Level V: Take another action if Jew-Jitsu knocks out your target

Circum-scythe: Slices off the Armor and Shields of your target while inflicting Bleeding damage to a sensitive area.
Level II: Increases the damage of your Circum-scythe attacks.
Level III: On a Perfect Success, Circum-scythe now inflicts two stacks of Bleeding.
Level IV: Circum-scythe now inflicts Defense Down.
Level V: Your Circum-scythe attack now leaves all other enemies Grossed Out.

Whirling Doom: Sends your dreidel bouncing between random enemies, stripping away all beneficial status effects from all enemies hit.
Level II: Increases the damage of all dreidel hits.
Level III: Dreidel attacks now bounce to more targets.
Level IV: On a Perfect Success, all negative status effects on the New Kid are cured.
Level V: Cleanse your foes with fire, inflicting Burning with all dreidel hits.

Plagues of Egypt: Summon a mix of Pestilence, Fiery Hail, Frogs, and Flying Insects to deliver woe unto all your enemies.
Level II: Sinners beware, your plagues now inflict more damage.
Level III: Each time you visit Pestilence or Fiery Hail upon your foes, your team gains Attack Up.
Level IV: Each time you visit Frogs or Flying Insects upon your foes, your team gains Ability Up.
Level V: You may visit an additional plague upon the wicked during your turn.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille


JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on March 12, 2014, 06:10:32 PM
Thanks guys, I will look into both.

As for Castlevania, I was enjoying myself until the end of the first act when I was charged with killing a giant troll in a cemetery. I would reduce him to near-death, then stab him in the head as instructed, but he just wouldn't die. After 1000 tries I finally said 'f' it and rage quit.

Any suggestions before I get sucked back into a TW campaign?

Hm. Like most quick time events I recall that one having multiple parts including maybe one place where you mash the button quickly; if you miss even one step you fail, maybe take a little damage, and have to spend a little time setting up a new try.

CV:LoC has several types of QT events. If you were failing that one repeatedly, I'm pretty sure the mostly likely reason is that you aren't good enough at QTEs to continue. (Some people just aren't.) So yep, delete and move on.  :'(

I can confidently report that neither TheSab nor JC2 have QTEs.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

QTEs irritate me, like sand in my bathing suit.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

^^ Then you are well-quit of CV:LoC (and no doubt its sequel). I also recommend avoiding the hell out of the God Of War series.

Note that if you ever get as far as the final Sands of Time game, the easiest way to work your way through most areas are QTEs, but if you fail you can just fight the guys straight. The bosses (for the final game) will need QTEs to beat, though.

If you haven't played Red Dead Redemption yet, you've accurately heard about its quality by now I imagine. No QTEs that I recall (all the way through the alternate epilogue Undead Nightmare campaign).

Hmmm... the Arkham games do require QTEs sometimes on boss fights though not always. On the other hand, each hand-to-hand combat itself is sort of like a highly polished variable QTE sequence.

If you have a PS3, the inFAMOUS duology is an excellent 3PS anime superhero sandboxer. I can't recall for sure there are no QTEs but I'm pretty sure they're minimal.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

So to summarize and clarify - I just didn't mash my 'U' key fast enough to beat that goblin? That sucks.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

U need to mash it as fast as...............

edited to remove discustingness.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

I just can't mash it that fast. I like to enjoy my mashing.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JasonPratt

Are you playing it on the PC, Gus? There might be a way to use a repeating keyboard to 'cheat' the QTEs which require rapid mashing.

A bit of research this morning indicates that LoC2 will does include an option to remove the QTEs, btw. (It just released.)

I also found a thread on a possible bug in the PC version at the very first troll fight where a circle-radius matching QTE (where you're supposed to tap the proper button once when the radius circles match) automatically fails by reading an input too quickly! The reporter was using a wired (therefore not a battery problem) XBox360 controller which demonstrably works fine on other games, and tested the effect by simply sitting back without touching his controller at all: the game auto-failed the QTE at the same spot every time before the circles reached the match-spot.

Don't know yet if he ever found a way around that. The thread was back last August. Possibly playing that fight on keyboard if possible...?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

You are a gaming Matlock...yes that's the fight with the troll that I tried 1000 times, on PC...it's bugged?? Dagnabbit...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd