Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Friday comes for you

Started by Jarhead0331, March 27, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ian C on March 31, 2014, 03:22:45 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2014, 10:50:32 AM
Lmao..... the fannying around with fallen enchantress when aow3 hits

Yesterday I had absolutely no knowledge of AOW 3. Went on the site last night and now it's bought and sitting on my STEAM games list until 10:00 Pacific time, which will be 18:00 UK time. Can't wait.

aahhhh 18:00 it is, ill go out then, was sat in me PJs ready for some action

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek


MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 28, 2014, 08:46:26 AM
Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on March 28, 2014, 08:39:44 AM
I expect to take a look into Unclaimed World a very new Early Access that came out cheaper than a pint in Melbourne, play Rome II and keep out an eye just in case my Combat Mission Red Thunder pre-order activates...

  Somewhat the same here:  1) Crush Rome as Carthage in the Rome II HAnnibal DLC
                                              2) Roads to Leningrad -- 3rd Tank Division is still out there somewhere, man!  Call Vatutin!
                                              3) Panzerbattles PBEM
                                              4) CLOD TF 4.3

  Things went roughly as expected except Rome is far from Crushed and no CLOD at all.

JudgeDredd

Well, I did do F1 2013. Raced China and came 12th. Wasn't a good race for us at Williams

I did play NASCAR 14 - but quickly gave up on it. The AI, in close racing, is pretty poor and I can only imagine that getting worse in smaller ovals (as this was Phoenix I was racing)

I also played some LnL:Heroes of Stalingrad. I actually love this game. Not a bug to be found, try as hard as I might and great gameplay to boot. Easy to fire up and jump into (very important and two of the most common reasons for me not firing a game up), a bit harder to do well in and even harder to win.

No BF4 unfortunately...Mothers Day got in the way!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

Quote from: Anguille on March 31, 2014, 02:43:04 AM
Quote from: Boggit on March 28, 2014, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 28, 2014, 04:49:31 PM
Oh...just installed TW Battles on my tablet...some Shogun TW on my mobile device! Hashime!
Let me know what you think of it. I bought it, installed, played it a little bit, then uninstalled.

I have become very disillusioned with CA since Rome 2. I thought Shogun TW Battles was another trade in on the brand name, which for me is starting to be one to avoid. And yet Shogun 2 Total War was really good.

G*d alone knows what has happened to all the accumulated development experience acquired from the Total War franchise. IMHO they seem to be taking steps backwards with their products on many levels rather than increasing the gaming experience. I have been a Total War fanboi for years, but lately as a TW fan I feel really let down by CA. >:(

I've played it this weekend...and i like it. Obviously, it's a lighter game but also much cheaper. For a tablet game, it's really nice. As far as i know, only Slitherine/Matrix has some real strategy games for Tablets and per now, mostly for ipad (which i don't have). So i take this for what it is without expecting whole TW game.

What i like:
- Animations, Artwork and Music. Love how units move and fight...lots of lovely details.
- It's challenging (tried also some of the skirmish maps).
- The story is well told.
- Good progression
- Varied (puzzle type of missions, infiltration, full battles)

What i miss:
- True battlefields (larger)
- Strategic decisions

It's a good game and wouldn't mind if they came up with another release.

Just discovered the multiplayer aspect of the game (two players on the same surface)....this game is awesome. Have played with my six years old boy and he already beat me a few times. Just for that it's worth the price! Excellent. If it was 3d, it would be like the chess game in Star Wars IV.

Arctic Blast

Blasted my way through Interstellar Marines for a while. There is still a lot of work to be done on the game, but it's really promising. I really like the level design, and the fact that the level shift and change and/or the lighting alters every time a new Domination zone is created on the battlefield.