Deadly Tower of Monsters

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 15, 2016, 11:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I picked this up from the GOG sale after getting a refund for Age of Decadence (couldn't get it to run on my PC.  Shame as it looked quite fun). 

This game is set up to look like an old 1950s era B-grade Sci-Fi movie right down to having some of the monsters move like they were filmed by Ray Harryhausen in stop-motion photography.  While the gameplay isn't anything special, the art style is fantastic.  I'm loving the little touches such as visible wires on the flying saucers and pterodactyls and the cheeseball dialogue the hero spews as though he's doing an impression of a Shatner/Bruce Campbell clone.

For $8 it's a fun little diversion.




Boggit

My kids might like it. It looks fun even if not deep.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you were ever a fan of those cheesy sci-fi films from the 50s to the 70s, you'll probably enjoy it as well.  The stop-motion dinosaurs are hilarious.

spelk

Suffers frame-rate issues on the PS4. A bit. Unless that's the 50's art style that I just don't get.

It has some cool perspective shift shooting elements, when you have to aim down the side of the tower...

bob48

Looks like fun - love the gfx :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bboyer66

While I absolutely love the premise of the game, I found the actual game-play to be repetitive and quite boring. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  I'm enjoying it solely due to the theme.  The gameplay is pretty bland. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 16, 2016, 01:57:31 PM
Yup.  I'm enjoying it solely due to the theme.

Were you one of those who recommended the tabletop game Conquest Of Planet Earth to me, for this exact theme? 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Not me.  Never heard of that game.  I did used to play someone's old, ratty copy of The Creature That Ate Sheboygan back when I was in junior high school and that was a lot of fun.