FRIDAY calling to the faraway towns, Now war is declared, and battle come down

Started by undercovergeek, May 02, 2014, 03:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

I've been playing "hit the toilet with the vomit" all weekend :(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dolan50

I suck at that game, especially when I have two toilets to choose from and aim for the middle.

I'm really not much of a drinker after spending 3 months in a VA hospital having 1/2 my stomach removed 2 years ago for a bleeding ulcer complication.
But I was at my sisters house today and my Brother in law wanted me try his newest whiskey love(1792 Ridgemont Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky) and thought what the hell, I haven't had a decent drink in awhile.

Hopefully, I'm not worshipping the whiskey gods at the porcelain alter and will just suffer some minor hangover repercussions.
To tell the truth though, I really don't miss drinking and I think it took me 15 mins of spell check before I was willing to post this. :-[
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Con

Is that DPS or DoT damage?

I will be playing a little PBEM CMBN (the last quarter of playing two scenarios and these two scenarios are way more bloody and frustrating and exciting than playing QB).  A little CM RT but mostly just picking away at it to see the differences between the 2.0 and 3.0 engines

Might do a little WoT haven't played that in months

Lastly working my way through Batman Arkham Origins for some mindless fun

Con

Dolan50

The last 1/2 hour I've been playing WoT, seal clubbing with my 4 skill light tanks.
Too bad I feel like the seal tonight  :(

I did have 1 match I did good in though.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

bayonetbrant

so far I haven't missed, but I've been working at point blank range. Fortunately it all seems to have subsided, and all that I'm left with is a huge headache
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

Jesus BB...

...speaking of which - everyone knows the best Ministry song is Jesus Built My Hot Rod.



Recommended while driving. Anything.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dolan50



This is my war song.
Makes WoT fun!
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Ubercat

Quote from: Martok on May 03, 2014, 03:19:19 PM
Man, I haven't listened to Ministry in ages.  That's some decent tune-age, Ubercat; thanks!
You're welcome!

I first heard So What while clubbing in 1987 and liked it but never knew what the song was or who made it. Fast forward about 10 years and my neighbor in the apartment downstairs was playing it about 1AM after I went to bed. It wasn't quite loud enough to keep me up but I could hear the tune and realized that I knew it and it was GOOD. I threw on my clothes, ran down stairs and pounded on his door. When he opened up I demanded to know what he was playing and he said "Oh man, I'm sorry! I'll turn it down right away."

I said "Forget that, what IS it?" The next day I ran out and bought the CD.



To not derail this thread too much, I've been mostly playing 2 ACTS games of For the People. One is the first game of the Swiss elimination phase of the official 2014-15 BPA tournament.

edit: Oh, and learning the rules to Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, and later will be learning Wilderness War. There's something about taking on a human opponent in a good card driven war game that's like chess on steroids; even better because of the asymmetrical nature of most games. It's cat and mouse. Your role could change without warning! I don't believe I've ever gotten that from a PC game with an AI opponent.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

That is also a great tune. I LOVED Ministry in college. NWO byotches.


✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

weateallthepies

I remember hearing Ministry on a rubbish walkman my friend had brought in to school, they totally blew me away even through those cruddy headphones. My taste in music was never the same after that.

Last saw them a few years ago, excellent show though Al Jourgenson was looking weird. Possibly at a low point in his alcoholism.

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

undercovergeek

Its 2:30 am - i thought id give CKII a run out at 21:20 -

so far the Vikings almost took all England, Mercia held out in the end, Wessex (me as Alfred) became a puppet state of the Vikings. The king of wessex died (my brother) and his son triggered a succession crisis, and we went to war - he lost Wessex itself to me leaving me with Dorset and Wessex. Building ports i saved enough money to hire mercenaries, i was the King of Denmarks marshal, and declared my independence - he let me go without a war - this allowed me to create the Duchy of Wessex again and incorporated Somerset into my lands - i kicked out the Viking earl and that left me with South West England as an independent state in England. This left me the chance to build up and claim the Duchy of Hwicce (Oxford, Gloucester and Wiltshire) from the king of Denmark - he had just entered a massive war with Poland leaving these provinces defenceless - they fell to me soon. My cousin the King of Mercia then started gobbling up the rest of the Midlands, and retook East Anglia - we both have ambitions to create England again. At the same time my wife's father died leaving her as the sole heir to the Duchy of Apulia and Bari - titles that will be passed to my son - but she needs my help as Italy just went up in flames in civil war, and now its 240!!

bed

Gusington

Always loved The Doors. You know I never saw the movie starring Val Kilmer...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd