Friday! A Licky boom-boom down.

Started by Jarhead0331, May 08, 2014, 09:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I KNEW I wasn't talking to myself - I NEVER say "eeebagummm"  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek


bob48

At least you're reasonably soft to use as a sofa......pass the bottle, JD.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

That was me in the cupboard in scuba gear and Selma Hayek. She opens bottles real good.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

#65
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 01:55:18 AM
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta

and one or more of these:

IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich
(more like "Over The Hill!)  :D

Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player


My soul mate!

Nice to see IL-2 making a minor comeback on Grogheads.

Word.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 06:00:49 PM
That was me in the cupboard in scuba gear and Selma Hayek. She opens bottles real good.

ive got to agree if i was in a darkened cupboard with Bob and JD watching me, the only thing id use Selma Heyek for is opening bottles too

although the 90 degree angle on the back of Bobs pan flattened head is perfect

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

I really hope I can get some gaming in this weekend.  I haven't had a chance for it at all this past week and a half.  I could really use to relaxation of killing pixilated bad guys.

If I do get any in it will probably be CKII or maybe finally start ARMA III
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Sir Slash

Damn, Jarhead really needs to get a light in that cupboard..... or maybe not. ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on May 09, 2014, 06:09:00 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 01:55:18 AM
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta

and one or more of these:

IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich
(more like "Over The Hill!)  :D

Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player


My soul mate!

Nice to see IL-2 making a minor comeback on Grogheads.

Word.

Been wanting to do some single-player campaigns with one or both of the IL-2s.  While CLoD looks great, it doesn't have anywhere near the variety of 1946 which is still graphically bearable.  Was more interested in flying some Pacific and East Front stuff anyway, so 1946 may be the one.

Been mostly doing some War Thunder Ground Forces today.  Definitely has a more realistic feel than WoT's Hit Point & Gold Ammo gameyness (just a couple of my numerous gripes).  The "Realistic" battles are a blast.. probably the "Simulation" ones too.  Hopefully this thing goes Open Beta soon so the final reset gets done.  Looks to be in as good a shape as the Air Forces version was when it went OB.

Rizik6

Got a new computer so I'd like to try some games that my old one struggled with to see how they really play. Loaded the texture pack for Skyrim and maxed out the settings. It's like putting on glasses for the first time and seeing what the world really looks like. Pretty amazing. But I imagine I'll mostly be continuing with AoW3, though it looks a lot prettier.

GDS_Starfury

Im going through Mirths std chart.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Toonces

Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 10:39:30 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 09, 2014, 06:09:00 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 01:55:18 AM
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta

and one or more of these:

IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich
(more like "Over The Hill!)  :D

Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player


My soul mate!

Nice to see IL-2 making a minor comeback on Grogheads.

Word.

Been wanting to do some single-player campaigns with one or both of the IL-2s.  While CLoD looks great, it doesn't have anywhere near the variety of 1946 which is still graphically bearable.  Was more interested in flying some Pacific and East Front stuff anyway, so 1946 may be the one.

Been mostly doing some War Thunder Ground Forces today.  Definitely has a more realistic feel than WoT's Hit Point & Gold Ammo gameyness (just a couple of my numerous gripes).  The "Realistic" battles are a blast.. probably the "Simulation" ones too.  Hopefully this thing goes Open Beta soon so the final reset gets done.  Looks to be in as good a shape as the Air Forces version was when it went OB.

So I'm knee-deep in IL-2 Pacific Theater, using a DCG campaign, but man am I having trouble getting into it.  I always, always run into the same problem with Pacific Theater campaigns....they're so bloody boring!

The only thing I can think of to make this better, a possible solution, would be to eliminate the mini-map, path markers, etc. on the map and force myself to dead-reckon to target and back using a good old clock and math.  Because the way I play it now, I take off, click on the autopilot, go to 8x time compression, sit around for 10 or 15 minutes until something happens, click out, fight, then RTB, click on autopilot, click 8x, wait another 10 minutes, and then bring the plane back aboard the boat. 

BORING!

There just isn't any drama.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've never been able to find the hook.  I'm open to suggestions.  The game looks better than ever, and I have massive formations of planes flying around, but the missions are so damn tedious.

Maybe I'm spoiled from Falcon.  In Falcon, you have events happening on both sides of the FLOT so even though the flights can be a bit long, you are busy the whole time.  In IL-2, not much goes on during the transit to keep you engaged.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

I always felt IL2 (and it's iterations) was soulless. I was one of few though. Plenty of people got a lot of mileage and more - I just never found what they found.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people