Never Gonna Stop (Red Red FRIDAY)

Started by MetalDog, May 16, 2014, 06:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

No gaming for me this weekend, as I'm off to southeast Minnesota for the Syttende Mai celebration in my mom's hometown.  Will be leaving in just a few hours; have a good one all! 




Quote from: bbmike on May 16, 2014, 09:07:45 AM
If I can get BotF MPR++ to work right in 'hotseat' mode, then that. Else I don't really know.  ???
Good luck; hope you can get it to run! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on May 16, 2014, 09:31:52 AM
Back and forth between CM:Red Thunder and GT:Operation Star.  Ah, but to be able to take the best of both games and graft them together.

I've actually been wanting to do some GT: Op Star again lately but I've not been in a big hurry to download & install the numerous patches for all the DLC.  At some point I'll want to play it enough that I will. So many other things already installed and ready to go, however.

Ian C

Master of Orion 3 Tropical Mod
The Stanley Parable
XCOM Enemy Within, Iron Man mode, all extra options.

vyshka

#18
What I'd like to play:

Distant Worlds
Master of Orion 3 with tropical mod
AoE2
Wargame:ALB
BF4

What will most likely happen (like my vacation this past week):

Diablo 3

I did manage about 5 hours in Distant Worlds while on vacation, but MOO3 was what was on the list last week. I also played a couple rounds of Wargame:ALB, the 1st tutorial of Sins of a Solar Empire, a tutorial game of Dom4. The vast majority of game time was spent on Diablo 3 though. Just too easy to sit down and get a quick session in. I got my barbarian up to level 70 to hang out with my monk, and have pushed my Crusader up to level 55. They seem to progress really fast in adventure mode.

sandman2575

The Combat Mission bug has bitten me pretty hard. Broke down last night and bought Red Thunder.  (I have plenty of horsepower to run it but it plays sluggish for some reason -- BN/MG and FI/GL run perfectly fine for me with the same settings - ?? -- will have to spend some time tweaking I guess).

I too would like to graft CM and GTOS into the perfect ww2 game. Infantry combat in CMx2 is far superior to GTOS, and I like both the unit variety and density better (always feels like too few units on those big GTOS maps).  But the fluidity of gameplay in GTOS is unmatched, and its operational level adds a level of immersion and strategy that is sorely lacking in CM's 'campaigns.'

JudgeDredd

#20
F1 2013 will be coming out for Silverstone. I had a great practice with 2 tenths ahead of the whole field - I just nailed it in the last lap of practice. Unfortunately the rain came pelting down in qualy and I'm 17th on the grid.

ARMA III still to complete the second chapter and go on to the third. Great game but Nazi sharpshooters are a killer!

X-Rebirth - everytime I see a video of Elite I fire this up - and am ultimately disappointed. But I should keep going with it.

WitP:AE - I just don't want to give up on it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on May 16, 2014, 07:48:58 AM
Elite: Dangerous alpha
AGEOD civil war 2
AGEOD rise of prussia

At some point, I have to clear some of my books that are backlogged

  Frederick the Great's first book was AntiMachiavelli.  I've never read it.  But still Rise of Prussia is a great game.

   But I'm going to be playing:

1) WipAE PBEM -- the May 1942 MOD has a nice slow start.  Something or other may happen in the Coral Sea, but maybe not.

2) ARMAIII -- Small fights in the Editor

3) Roads to Moscow boardgame.  The poor Germans have rolled badly on fuel and initiative so they are sort of stalled 40km or so from Mozhaysk while the Russians bring up one very good division, some excellent regiments, rocket artillery, heavy AT and AA, lots of motorcyclists and plenty of tanks in motorized brigades.  Meanwhile the German advanced guard (7th -- somewhat motorized -- Division) is arriving on bicycles at a lonely crossroads soon to be forgotten: Prezhedinkov.

undercovergeek

EU IV Naples

CKII Wessex and Parma

WG Red Dragon purchase and tutorials

Map design for CM:BS beta

BanzaiCat

I have a murder mystery tonight and tomorrow that I'm playing a cruise ship captain in, but I promised a review and some more Birth of the Federation AAR for the front page, so that'll all probably happen Sunday. Meantime very little gaming; we have a bunch of friends coming in from out of town to check out my show tomorrow and the wife frowns on me playing games if we have company over, so.

RedArgo

World of Tanks, MOO3 Tropical, maybe Endless Legend, plus taking the boys to see Godzilla for their 13th birthday.

Arctic Blast

Having friends over for some board gaming for the second weekend in a row. Zombicide, Level 7 : Omega Protocol and Wiraqocha are the most likely to hit the table this week.

On the computer, I'll probably dive back into Battle Academy, and maybe actually start Assassin's Creed 4 this time around.

steve58

Probably Endless Legends, Making History The Great War and maybe I'll massacre sacrifice send into space a few Kerbals...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Martok on May 16, 2014, 09:57:24 AM
No gaming for me this weekend, as I'm off to southeast Minnesota for the Syttende Mai celebration in my mom's hometown.  Will be leaving in just a few hours; have a good one all! 




Quote from: bbmike on May 16, 2014, 09:07:45 AM
If I can get BotF MPR++ to work right in 'hotseat' mode, then that. Else I don't really know.  ???
Good luck; hope you can get it to run!

Good grief, the stuff you learn on this site. May 17th has always been Norwegian Clam Day for my clan -- big norwegian festival at Fisherman's Terminal, also home to Little Chinooks, and some of the best clam fritters this side of slartibartfast.

Until now, I had no idea I was saluting the Norwegian Constitution with bivalves of greatness.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Staggerwing

Now enlightened, you can feast upon your fritters while quaffing an imported Ringnes and reading passages from the works of Henrik Wergeland.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

For you skeptical.platypus - baby platypus - often referred to as platypups or sometimes puggles apparently

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people