Combat Mission: Black Sea Alpha Preview

Started by RooksBailey, May 18, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

I really need to pick up RT.  Wish the demo would come out already. 

But that is not why I am here.   ;D  Enjoy!

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

Nice. Are they still doing a Shock Force reboot?

Ubercat

Nice video but I didn't notice any peaks in it.  ;)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

RooksBailey

I wonder if the Black Sea setting is going to make for a better balanced game.  With Shock Force, the consensus was that the US/NATO equipment too heavily outclassed the Syrian/Russia gear for evenly matched games. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 18, 2014, 09:19:12 PM
I wonder if the Black Sea setting is going to make for a better balanced game.  With Shock Force, the consensus was that the US/NATO equipment too heavily outclassed the Syrian/Russia gear for evenly matched games.

I found shock force to be extremely challenging. In order for me to succeed with acceptable casualties, I had to move across the map with extreme caution.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Agree.  I only won one campaign (Stock). I tried Marines, Canadians and I lost so much people I cannot finish the campaign.

RooksBailey

Quote from: jomni on May 18, 2014, 09:36:23 PM
Agree.  I only won one campaign (Stock). I tried Marines, Canadians and I lost so much people I cannot finish the campaign.

Interesting.  I never played SF that much but I recall people on the forums always saying that the only strategy for the Syrians/Russians when going against NATO was to fight a withdrawing action. 

I do hope SF gets the 3.0 refit with QBs at some point.  I would like to revisit it again.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

panzerde

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 18, 2014, 09:03:40 PM
I really need to pick up RT.  Wish the demo would come out already. 

But that is not why I am here.   ;D  Enjoy!


Really looking forward to this one. Thanks for the video Rooks!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

skeptical.platypus

Indeed, this is akin to manna from heaven. I have been eagerly waiting for Battlefront to return to the modern era. It's a game I'd eagerly throw inappropriate and premature funds at.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

undercovergeek

Quote from: jomni on May 18, 2014, 09:13:38 PM
Nice. Are they still doing a Shock Force reboot?

Yes but on backburner whilst this gets done

SgtRock

One would think they would have found some way to include helicopters by now, modern warfare without helicopters is like WWII warfare without tanks!:o

undercovergeek


jomni

Quote from: SgtRock on May 19, 2014, 10:01:20 AM
One would think they would have found some way to include helicopters by now, modern warfare without helicopters is like WWII warfare without tanks!:o

There are helicopters = air support.
No air transport.  The map is so small to make it worth while.

sandman2575

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 18, 2014, 09:03:40 PM
I really need to pick up RT.  Wish the demo would come out already. 

The demo will only confirm why you need the full game. So, save yourself the time and buy RT RIGHT NOW! 

SgtRock

Quote from: jomni on May 19, 2014, 10:10:03 AM
Quote from: SgtRock on May 19, 2014, 10:01:20 AM
One would think they would have found some way to include helicopters by now, modern warfare without helicopters is like WWII warfare without tanks!:o

There are helicopters = air support.
No air transport.  The map is so small to make it worth while.

Maps have gotten larger sense the days of Shock Force.