Grigsby's next project

Started by bayonetbrant, May 21, 2014, 11:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SgtRock

QuoteBlimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)

This has nothing to do with old age, it's just simple math, if all of those GG titles were released today, nobody but, nobody would have time to play complete campaigns for all of them! ^-^


bobarossa

Quote from: SgtRock on May 22, 2014, 09:43:24 AM
QuoteBlimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)

This has nothing to do with old age, it's just simple math, if all of those GG titles were released today, nobody but, nobody would have time to play complete campaigns for all of them! ^-^
I remember the first time I tried to play the full campaign in Bombing the Reich and it took an entire Saturday to play one day of game time.  I've never played the game again and haven't tried any of the newer GG titles either.  Just not willing to sink that much time into them.

TacticalWargames

He stated he enjoys developing the small scale wargames ala Steel Panthers. I only wish he actually did what he enjoys and make a new version instead of doing these monster operational games. I want a monster tactical game. Also not bothered if he sticks with top down 2D either (as long as we get multi level buildings something that is missing from most tactical wargames).

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on May 22, 2014, 09:11:47 AM
I'd like to see him a do hardcore science-fiction 4x in the style of War in the Pacific....would be a dream 8)
So basically Aurora with (very) slightly improved graphics?  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on May 23, 2014, 01:21:05 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 22, 2014, 09:11:47 AM
I'd like to see him a do hardcore science-fiction 4x in the style of War in the Pacific....would be a dream 8)
So basically Aurora with (very) slightly improved graphics?  :P
i guess, haven't tried it yet.