Contact Vector on Kickstarter

Started by RedArgo, May 26, 2014, 07:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RedArgo

This game kinda looks like it was inspired by Honor Harrington.  Broadsides of missiles and short range energy weapons. 

It's got a long way to go to be funded though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1826182233/contact-vector-rts?ref=discovery

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/26/contact-vector-demo/#more-209299

Zulu1966

Cant see why this one isn't getting more attention - it looks great
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Anguille

Very much the game i would like to play...hope they manage it!

Rayfer

Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 27, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
Cant see why this one isn't getting more attention - it looks great

Not saying it's the case with this game, but often 'looks great' doesn't translate to 'plays great'.  Time will tell.

Anguille

Quote from: Rayfer on May 27, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 27, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
Cant see why this one isn't getting more attention - it looks great

Not saying it's the case with this game, but often 'looks great' doesn't translate to 'plays great'.  Time will tell.
There's a demo...will try it.

Nefaro

Quote from: Anguille on May 27, 2014, 09:50:42 AM
Very much the game i would like to play...hope they manage it!

Same.

Hopefully it turns out okay.  And with the multi-player stretch.

RedArgo

I played the demo for a few minutes and I was able to blow up a few ships with missiles and energy barrages.  I don't really know what I was doing, but it already seems pretty smooth and it looks nice.  The ships can be on different levels, so I guess there is kind of a 3-d element to it. One thing I noticed was using the mouse wheel to zoom was kinda slow.  I'll probably end up supporting them adding this to four or so games I've funded and still don't have :)

GDS_Starfury

#7
that dumb ass Weber waited to long. 

that looks fraking great!

the fact that he made the statement that their focus is on the solo campaign and not as much multiplayer has me quite happy.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

give me HW's camera and a 3d formation editor and I will be quite a happy Starfury!  O0
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

I'm sold.

I'm more sold then Mirth standing on 5th and Martin Luther.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.