Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans

Started by undercovergeek, May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/461-bohemia-interactive-presents-2014-2015-roadmap-for-arma-3

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM
http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/461-bohemia-interactive-presents-2014-2015-roadmap-for-arma-3

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

  Sounds great!  But then I'm a BI fanboi; I've gotten everything they have ever done in the ARMA line, plus the robot carrier game and Take on Mars.  On my current game machine I just have ARMAIII vanilla and Take on Mars.  I guess the DLC, the weapons work and the Expansion interest me at this point.

undercovergeek

Do I take it you've dabbled in arma-karts then?


undercovergeek

I'm enjoying it more now I've got the enemy ai tweaked

Back to the editor now!

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 01:21:16 PM
Do I take it you've dabbled in arma-karts then?

OMG! I missed that.  Ya see!  Ya see how great BI is?  Even the things you miss are really great!

But I did walk around my Mars base just the other day.

And if I were a serious modder I would enter that Red Cross BI contest.  Yep.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Looking at the aar it's a bit of both...... in present day it's taxi service and helping out at emergencies but then the guy has flashbacks to his military career and you fly those too

RyanE

I am still on the fence with III.  I have so much time and energy invested in building II with various mods that I am not sure I am ready to dive in yet.  One thing that intrigues me is the All in ARMA mod.  Does that really work.  Are all the mods I am using in II really available in III. 

I am sure there are if's, and's, or but's.  Is it really as simple as it downloading that and just reconfiguring everything?  Does Play with Six work for ARMA III.  Sorry for the detailed questions, but I am still not sure III is worth the effort yet from a mod standpoint.

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on May 29, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 29, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
But then I'm a BI fanboi

Who isn't?

???

:o

:coolsmiley:

Good point.  So I have an easy time admitting to the fanboi aspect of my interest in ARMAIII.

MengJiao

Quote from: RyanE on May 30, 2014, 06:51:03 AM
I am still on the fence with III.  I have so much time and energy invested in building II with various mods that I am not sure I am ready to dive in yet.  One thing that intrigues me is the All in ARMA mod.  Does that really work.  Are all the mods I am using in II really available in III. 

I am sure there are if's, and's, or but's.  Is it really as simple as it downloading that and just reconfiguring everything?  Does Play with Six work for ARMA III.  Sorry for the detailed questions, but I am still not sure III is worth the effort yet from a mod standpoint.

I have no detailed answers, but I play a little ARMAIII every now and then and...I really miss the ARMAII mods.  The ARMAIII system with ARMAII mods would be fantastic.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 30, 2014, 02:56:44 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Looking at the aar it's a bit of both...... in present day it's taxi service and helping out at emergencies but then the guy has flashbacks to his military career and you fly those too

Meh. 

I don't like Taxi Driver sims.  :buck2:

panzerde

Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
Meh. 

I don't like Taxi Driver sims.  :buck2:

Mr. De Niro would like a word with you...


"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Well.. a Crazed Vigilante Taxi Driver Sim might be interesting.  ^-^

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Take on Helicopters Hind expansion gives you some combat.