Help me decide on new games?

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 04, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

So I purchased a new video card and with it comes two free games.....I don't know much about a number of these....if you had to pick two, which ones?  I am pretty sure I will make the new Thief one of them.

- Thief
- Murdered Soul Suspect
- Dirt 3
- Darksiders 1
- Darksiders 2
- Dungeon Seige III
- Pay Day 2
- Alan Wake
- Banner Saga/Tales from Space

Nefaro

I've only played Dungeon Siege 3 out of that lot, and it was rather Console-ish.

I suppose they all are, though.

Grim.Reaper

Yeah, not a great list to choose from, but free is free:)

Right now thinking about Thief and Alan Wake from what I have read.....I wouldn't mind banner saga but that is already a pretty cheap game so hate to waste a free game on it:)

Nefaro

I did want to check out Payday 2 but I could tell from the vids it would probably make me ill.  :'(  Looks like a fun Co-Op team oriented shooter.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I tried Payday 2 during the free weekend.  It didn't really click with me as I was hoping that you could plan and execute intricate, stealthy B&Es but what I found was that it was more of a smash-and-grab type affair that usually ended up in HEAT type firefights. 

Alan Wake has some very nicely designed levels and a lot of atmosphere but the game-play gets kind of repetitive.  Every one of the baddies you run into is defeated in the same way so there's not a lot of variety there.

Murdered: Soul Suspect has been kinda disappointing so far.  Interesting ideas but the investigative aspects are far too easy.

Banner Saga's not bad.  Tactical battles were kind of lacking in depth though.


Not tried the other titles.

Well, there you go.  I've pretty much crapped on everything so my work here is done.  I'm off to kick some puppies.

Grim.Reaper

Yeah, doesn't leave me many options:)