Main Menu

DCS WWII

Started by magnus, June 08, 2014, 07:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

Having said all that, I don't know how I'm going to be able to resist pickup up MiG-21 when it comes out.  And Nevada.  Maybe they're smarter than me after all.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Well that is true for me. I'll buy the Mig-21 and then I think I'll just have to hold out for more content. It needs fleshing out - or I'm going to end up with the flight sim equivalent of Race Room Experience!

A small caveat though - when I think of DCS world, WWII aircraft and modern aircraft - does anyone else think of that old Amiga game - the one where you could have a spitfire against a Tomcat etc?

I really can't remember if it was very good or not - but the idea interests me. Whomever has P-51 and the Dora and any others - I presume they can join an server and fly it against....well, anything? A-10, Huey, BS?

If so - I could well be tempted - but I'd need to know the quality of such gaming. For example would a Sidewinder or AMRAAM be able to track and kill a P-51 - and if so is there anything the P-51 can do to avoid it (like better turning circle or something)? Because there would be no point in flying the WWII stuff against modern kit if it's just a bloodbath
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

#32
In Strike Fighters 2, Operation Kadesh DLC, you can take Isreaeli P-51s against Egyptian Meteors.

Staggerwing

This blows. I pledged to get all flyable A/C in DCS WW2 which was at least 5 at the time. Now I get only two?!?

I wonder if there is a way I can dispute my pledge?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on July 09, 2014, 04:23:38 AM
In Strike Fighters 2, Operation Kadesh DLC, you can take Isreaeli P-51s against Egyptian Meteors.

  Strikefighters2 is an awesome game.  I stopped playing because all I was doing was adding more and more mods...which are wonderful, but I thought I should see what else was around.  Probably a mistake.  But I will get the DCS Mig21 when it comes out.

Nefaro

DCS World is what needs improvement.  Not the WW2 flight of fancy they've pursued. 

I'm sure most of us can agree that their single-player "world" could use numerous improvements and added features.  Instead we're seeing much of their effort being put towards this mess.  It's saddening.

jomni

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 09, 2014, 05:13:18 AM
This blows. I pledged to get all flyable A/C in DCS WW2 which was at least 5 at the time. Now I get only two?!?

I wonder if there is a way I can dispute my pledge?

What's the Kickstarter policy on reward changing?

Toonces

I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep myself from throwing money at the screen when stuff like this comes out, though:



"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on July 09, 2014, 09:32:31 PM
I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep myself from throwing money at the screen when stuff like this comes out, though:


If they would return all their focus back, away from this WW2 nonsense, then it'd be a good start. 

I really don't mind the FC3 modelling.  I actually prefer it in most cases.  I'd much rather see the simulated "world" get more attention, especially since they're still creating a variety of aircraft from different eras and we're still stuck in Georgia with one-off randomized missions that are missing some immersion.  I don't think there are large multi-player games running very often, are there?  So the single-player needs help.  Not the Mustangs.

Rekim

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 09, 2014, 05:13:18 AM
This blows. I pledged to get all flyable A/C in DCS WW2 which was at least 5 at the time. Now I get only two?!?

I wonder if there is a way I can dispute my pledge?

I'm disapointed too by this outcome too. My A/C have been reduced from 6 --> 4. No biggy. Was really looking forward to the printed manual for the Spitfire and the Strategy Guide though.

AFAIK the original kickstarter project went bankrupt...the company now defunct...so zero chance for refunds or dispute your pledge with.