FRIDAY is heeereeeeeeeeeeee!

Started by JudgeDredd, June 13, 2014, 01:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

The Carriers at War thread has me jonesing for something in the PTO so I may play around with Carrier Strike a bit more.  Got it sorta running in Win7/XP Mode, but may play around with it in DosBox.  The graphics may be a bit too rough for my ageing eyes, so may end up with Carriers at War or even Storm over the Pacific.  Other than that probably Distant Worlds: Universe and may some Kerbal Space Program.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Ian C


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Checking out the great Summer sales at GOG and Gamersgate. Then Russia only needs Warsaw and Georgia for a Empire Total War campaign win. Peter the Great will become Peter the Victorious at last. And all the rest of Europe will look like this-- :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 13, 2014, 02:50:51 AM
and I am restarting my learning of WitP AE again.

  I'm always restarting my learning in WitPAE -- mysteriously I'm doing okay in my PBEM game.  This just makes me absolutely certain that something terrible is going to happen soon.  It's May 1942.  The Japs are out there with about 9 carriers of one kind or another.  But I did parachute some Australians into an advanced base and other sneaky things.

   And what else?  Saints in Armour (boardgame -- with muskets and pikes) and Maybe some Rome II or something.

Gusington

My condolences for your uncle, Shelldrake.

I plan on taking all of Iberia as Carthage in my ongoing Rome 2 Hannibal at the Gates campaign. Carthage has some rocking units...really enjoying this campaign. Once Iberia is secure, I will take the rest of North Africa. Then...on to Italy :)

Also trying to resist the pull of Wolfenstein and patiently waiting for Valiant Hearts: The Great War to drop...so I can cry myself to sleep again thinking of the total tragedy the First World War was. I'm sensitive like that.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

HOI3 as USA and Distant Worlds.

Arctic Blast

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Shelldrake.

I'll be continuing my return to BF4 as I decide whether or not to pony up for the Premium Content pack and get all the expansions (current and future). I'm also going to try to at least load up and try a few games which have sat installed for a while. I like to clear the decks as much as possible before the Steam summer sale, and that apparently cranks up next week.


Martok

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Shelldrake.  Best wishes. 


Not sure what I'll do this weekend; am currently feeling kind of listless, and not just in terms of gaming.  I did pick up Civilization V: Complete in a Steam sale a few days back, so I may play that.  (Or maybe Distant Worlds: Universe.  Or Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.  Or Rome II.  Or Armada 2526 Supernova.  Or Crusader Kings 2.  Or none of them; we'll see...) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

skeptical.platypus

Wasteland 2 for me this weekend (August release date, I'm in early access). Hopefully some Simcity 2013. There's an atoll that needs some growin'. . .
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Ubercat

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 12:20:26 PM
I plan on taking all of Iberia as Carthage in my ongoing Rome 2 Hannibal at the Gates campaign. Carthage has some rocking units...really enjoying this campaign. Once Iberia is secure, I will take the rest of North Africa. Then...on to Italy :)

I got excited for a second as I thought you were talking about Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage. I've gotten into this recently and it's a great game. Almost all of my gaming has been boardgaming online vs other people. No PC games have been good enough to pull me back in some time.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Rizik6

I plan on playing a Civ5 Game of the Month - TSG68. Also, RoN EE and hopefully, finally, I'll get going on Distant Worlds Universe.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Arbeit.

Sadly, Arbeit hat mich nicht frei gemacht.


Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell