Mafia II - what do you guys think?

Started by undercovergeek, June 16, 2014, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ian C

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 17, 2014, 04:41:37 PM
I think I have the disk kicking about (I also got the game on Steam when I bought Mafia II) - I'll gladly post it if I do have it if you want it. It's a crying shame someone can't get this gem of a game (Mafia - not Mafia II) and I have two!

Thanks Judge that's a very generous offer. I ordered a pre-owned one one on amazon last night before I saw this ...argghhh

Gusington

I don't remember the last time I saw JD this amped up on a game besides rugby!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

and hes Scottish - that counts for double

JudgeDredd

This and Mafia one were the pinnacle of gaming experience for me.

I love a good story in a game, and both these games had good story in spades. Through in immersion and there's nothing to be disappointed about. The second one had a couple of ropey missions - but by and large major fun was had
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

It better be good jd, you just got me to spend $6 on it:)





Grim.Reaper

First couple of scenes, pretty impressive....seems like some good atmosphere.  A

Ian C

#25
By the way, don't forget the Free Ride mod. It allows you to enter a sandbox city, independent of the main story and do whatever you like. There's a collection of vehicles to drive in any garage and all weapons are unlocked.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mafia2/mod/39235.html




undercovergeek

goddam console based autosave mission razzzn frazzzn grrrrrrrrrrr

no quick save?

JudgeDredd

oh yeah...forgot about that...no...there's not
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Just curious...do you guys get any weird graphic glitches at times like minor tearing?  Just put in a new r9 270x card and I see it within this game.  Have not seen it within any other game I play.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 17, 2014, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 16, 2014, 02:54:28 PM
Loving GTA IV, and looking forward to downloading the police mod, its got me in the mood for some drive here, do that, go here, shoot them action and i figured Mafia II would be where its at

I loved the first one, first game ive completed in ages

wondering what you thought of II
It's absolutely superb. 120% well worth every penny of the full price. I've got 228 hours logged on it on Steam. I've completed the game 3 times (or was it 4!?)

There are a couple of dodgy parts - times when I think the devs went to sleep and one of their kids came in and created a mission - but apart from that - it was THE best game I've had...probably period. Well, not exactly - I'd put the original Mafia ahead of it - but it was a very close second.

Damnit, Dredd.

Oh well it's only $8