My name is Flick and i'm a Game'a'holic

Started by FlickJax, June 25, 2014, 03:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

Yes Gus, I am in your head. But are you in mine as well??? :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

No way, I am barely in my own. The C 64 and Amiga made me fear Germans...getting to know ur own MikeGER completed the process.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

SSI was the best. So many of their games were good. Prior to steam is when gaming cost me real money. I got lots of games at full retail back then. Probably $1k in the 80s and 90s.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Barthheart

Quote from: MikeGER on June 25, 2014, 10:50:19 AM
Kampfgruppe ! by SSI  ...my first real computer enhanced wargame. and i never left the hobby since  8)

+1... sooooo many hours lost to Kampfgruppe..... and Soldiers at War!.

I still have my C64.  8)

FlickJax

I have a Spectrum 48K in my loft along with the original printer and 5 rolls of paper :)

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2014, 10:17:26 AM
262!! Mein gott.

I already own the retail boxed versions of the majority of the games I purchased from GOG.com but I bought the digital versions for a couple of reasons. First, the oldest PC games in my collection are DOS and on 5.25" floppies. I no longer have a working DOS computer nor a working PC with a 5.25" drive. Additionally, I have the printed paper manuals for those old games as well as the early Windows games. Most of the remainder of my purchases from GOG.com are games that I missed playing back in the day and I wanted to try out. The few remaining are new games like Age of Wonders III that are not available (in English!) in physical format.

Regardless of the reason for purchasing them, I rarely play any of the games I've purchased from GOG.com, GamersGate, Humble Store, or Steam.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Being happily retired I say you've earned the right to do or not do anything you please.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TacticalWargames

I came across Wargamer and Blitz websites due to Soldiers at War and Close Combat 2.

Quote from: Barthheart on June 25, 2014, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: MikeGER on June 25, 2014, 10:50:19 AM
Kampfgruppe ! by SSI  ...my first real computer enhanced wargame. and i never left the hobby since  8)

+1... sooooo many hours lost to Kampfgruppe..... and Soldiers at War!.

I still have my C64.  8)

vyshka

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2014, 02:00:02 PM
No way, I am barely in my own. The C 64 and Amiga made me fear Germans...getting to know ur own MikeGER completed the process.

Why did they make you fear Germans (the C64 and Amiga, not Mike :)?

bbmike

Somewhere around here I still have my Commodore 64, 1541 drive and assorted 5.25" floppies for it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on June 26, 2014, 07:18:23 PM
Somewhere around here I still have my Commodore 64, 1541 drive and assorted 5.25" floppies for it.

Time to bring it out and give it some play time:)

I played my games way more back on those simpler machines:)

Gusington

When I first started playing games WWII was not such ancient history and I got to know the German side of things really well with the C64 and Amiga. WWI too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd