Ok, here's one for the books!!!

Started by Tuna, June 26, 2014, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Well I thought today was 6/25!!.. My wife even mentions Monday that our Anniversary is Wednesday.. I'm like "no it's not, it's Thursday". Her Stepmom even sends a Happy Anniversary email yesterday, and I'm thinking "Why did she send it early".. Later she comes and tells me her mom just texted about it, and she's talking about Michael Jackson's death - he died on our Anniversary back in what year (I couldn't take the hint.. I go look it up and say 2009 not even paying attention to what day it is!)...

So this morning.. All proud of myself I leave the card before I head to work.. Post on FB for the world to see.. Sgt. Pepper's "20 years ago today.. blah blah blah.."

Tons of people saying congrats and all.. Then my wife posts, that the Beatles "Yesterday" would be more appropriate hee hee..

I"m thinking to myself.. why "Yesterday", she thinking years before was better times or something.. didn't totally bum me out, but I"m like WTF?

I get home.. had to work late.. but I'm thinking we can still go out to dinner, and she is laughing her head off!.. Anniversary was yesterday!

Boy I'm sure glad I"m married to a woman that doesn't get all hung up on these things (like I know some guys are).. lol.. I posted on the bottom of my FB post, that I was in the wrong and it should be "Yesterday It Was 20 Years Ago Today!" I added the Star Trek Double Face Palm picture for affect. Luckily people don't pay attention to a post that, they already commented on, so I'm not getting too much of a ribbing from the outside crowd.

But I'm feeling guilty.. so any time you guys screw up and want to give me crap, this one is here for you to make fun of!   :crazy2:   :uglystupid2:

Gusington

I called my boss an a-hole on Monday, so there's that.

Feel better?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

that's a good woman there Tuna.
and she's smarter then you.  you already told her you thought it was Thursday so she just gave you all the rope you needed for an "I told you so".

Gus...  I tell people there assholes all the time.  its good for the soul!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Centurion40

Hey-Zeus marimba Tuna! I'm shocked that you're able to type, let alone breathe on your own after missing an anniversary.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Tuna

I'm glad I'm not Bob.. a Frying pan to the side of the head it would be!

Gusington

I guess getting nookie is out of the question for you for the foreseeable future. Welcome!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna


GDS_Starfury

Gus has somehow become the wind sock of forum nookie.  we might want to put a contract on him.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Martok

LOL; great story Tuna!  I too am glad (on your behalf) that your wife has a sense of humor about this sort of thing.  ;D 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

As long as I'm not the wind sock puppet, I'm good.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

of the two ex wives, there isnt either who wouldnt have snapped me in half, folded me up and just fkng posted me to the hospital

Gusington

^A man after my own heart. I'm not interested unless the woman can break me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Tuna on June 26, 2014, 10:00:05 PM
Damn! But no frying pan!  :knuppel2:

...you'll get it when you least expect it.............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2014, 05:04:21 PM
^A man after my own heart. I'm not interested unless the woman can break me.

does it count when they can just pick you up and toss you into a hedge?

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 28, 2014, 04:27:03 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2014, 05:04:21 PM
^A man after my own heart. I'm not interested unless the woman can break me.

does it count when they can just pick you up and toss you into a hedge?

Did you recently hook up with some Estonian dairy farm girl or something?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys