This Thursday is like unto Friday unto me

Started by MengJiao, July 03, 2014, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 03, 2014, 11:37:57 AM
   So that's where I am.  I'll probably just be bombing things this weekend.  Not really sure. 


    Bombing worked fine.  The simplified bombing rules in Buffalo Wings turned out to be pretty much not having any bombing rules.  Not the same as simple really.  But that's okay.  I'm sending in some Soviet Beaufighters since that's the only twin-engine plane the allies really have.  We'll see what the simplified Finnish Buffalos can do to stop those.

undercovergeek

Turned into a Divinity fest for me - just the first 45 mins over and over again until i felt i got my build right - only now to find a guide that goes into the skills and attributes much deeper and ill probably find theres a better one

very happy with game so far

and a litle bit of Arma III for when i need to mow baddies down in real life tactics style, which essentially means getting killed over and over but still i enjoy it!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 07, 2014, 09:31:38 AM
Turned into a Divinity fest for me - just the first 45 mins over and over again until i felt i got my build right - only now to find a guide that goes into the skills and attributes much deeper and ill probably find theres a better one

very happy with game so far

and a litle bit of Arma III for when i need to mow baddies down in real life tactics style, which essentially means getting killed over and over but still i enjoy it!

Which specific guide did you find?  I found a video that had some of it, was that it or is there a better one?

undercovergeek

theres the one you posted (the one im referring to)

and earlier i think Mikeck posted a link to a site with strategy, combat tips and an actual step by step guide to completing the first main story and all the sub missions therein - trying to stay clear of that one

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 07, 2014, 09:40:17 AM
theres the one you posted (the one im referring to)

and earlier i think Mikeck posted a link to a site with strategy, combat tips and an actual step by step guide to completing the first main story and all the sub missions therein - trying to stay clear of that one

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure there wasn't more hidden gems out there:)

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on July 06, 2014, 07:13:15 PM
How far along are you?

I'm almost level 8 (as a warrior). Followed a few quest chains and doing a lot of general running around and exploring.

Just playing vanilla ATM, I must look at some mods - there are just so many of 'em.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on July 07, 2014, 09:51:33 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 06, 2014, 07:13:15 PM
How far along are you?

I'm almost level 8 (as a warrior). Followed a few quest chains and doing a lot of general running around and exploring.

Just playing vanilla ATM, I must look at some mods - there are just so many of 'em.

seen one called STEP (graphics not gameplay) that looks amazing

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 07, 2014, 09:55:00 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 07, 2014, 09:51:33 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 06, 2014, 07:13:15 PM
How far along are you?

I'm almost level 8 (as a warrior). Followed a few quest chains and doing a lot of general running around and exploring.

Just playing vanilla ATM, I must look at some mods - there are just so many of 'em.

seen one called STEP (graphics not gameplay) that looks amazing

...and I've heard amazingly difficult to install, as well. Does look spectacular though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Kushan

I more or less played Xenonauts all weekend. Deep into my second game. Not repeating my previous mistake of not alternating newbies into my squads for training. Been running two full teams since I could manage it, buts its delayed getting my second base up and running. Logged off last night with Base 1 is under attack. Hopefully I can capture the alien officer that if present in this attack.

Played some Skyrim yesterday afternoon. Have my Breton battlemage to level 5. Would have been higher but I had to load and earlier save because the first dungeon in the mages college questline was kicking my ass. So far, all my mods seem to be running fairly stable. Between the Skyrim memory patch, and ENBoost, I've seen a huge boost in performance. I have to use Bandicam to cap my frame rate. Turns out Skyrim doesn't like running over 60 fps.

Quote from: Gusington on July 07, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Never modded Skyrim...I loved vanilla.

Why would you not mod Skyrim? Vanilla is nothing compared to a modded game IMHO. It can be a slippery slope, you can easily spend more time looking for and installing mods then actually playing.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on July 07, 2014, 02:22:50 PM


Quote from: Gusington on July 07, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Never modded Skyrim...I loved vanilla.

Why would you not mod Skyrim? Vanilla is nothing compared to a modded game IMHO. It can be a slippery slope, you can easily spend more time looking for and installing mods then actually playing.

I also never modded Skyrim, other than an FOV mod to help with the motion sickness it could give me.  I'm sure the mods are great but unless I really get deep into Skyrim, I'm not gonna spend time on Mod Soup. 

Hell.. I'd like to start up a new game but I haven't been encouraged to do so just because I'll have to hunt down an FOV mod and jack with that again.  So much stuff to play which doesn't need a mod for me to play - some of which I've not even started.

Gusington

Never modded Skyrim because of what you posted above...I wanted to finish it and not just mod it. But now that I've finished it...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on July 07, 2014, 07:01:31 PM
Hell.. I'd like to start up a new game but I haven't been encouraged to do so just because I'll have to hunt down an FOV mod and jack with that again.

You shouldn't need a mod to change the FOV. You can just open the console via the ~ key, and type "FOV x". I use it to change FOV to 75-80. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your using it for.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

I don't typically mod my games, but in this case I recommend experimenting with some mods for Skyrim.  They really do add to the quality of the game.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on July 07, 2014, 09:19:20 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 07, 2014, 07:01:31 PM
Hell.. I'd like to start up a new game but I haven't been encouraged to do so just because I'll have to hunt down an FOV mod and jack with that again.

You shouldn't need a mod to change the FOV. You can just open the console via the ~ key, and type "FOV x". I use it to change FOV to 75-80. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your using it for.


IIRC, it used to change itself back to default at certain spots.  Dunno if they ever fixed that in a patch. 

There was some text edit workaround to make it automatically set a specific FOV whenever you entered any new area or something changed.  Maybe I'll just do it manually whenever needed, if it doesn't happen often.