You can call it FRIDAY another lonely day

Started by undercovergeek, July 11, 2014, 04:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

I picked-up Neverwinter Nights Gold from GOG when it was on sale and have been playing the Mysteries of Westgate add-on. Nothing like party-based RPG-ing for a good time. So far the biggest mystery in Westgate is why is it ALWAYS night and raining. And I may beat-up some Barbarians in Rome 2. "Be like a spear"... in your ass. :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Ouch.

BBMike...are you playing a Civ IV WWI mod or just a scenrio you put together?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2014, 09:11:10 AM
Ouch.

BBMike...are you playing a Civ IV WWI mod or just a scenrio you put together?

It's the one Jon Shafer did for Civ IV.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

 :D well look at that...I need to find a Civ V version.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Mostly going to play:

Omerta: city of Gangsters

and the usual pbem games.

mikeck

I'm knee deep in a dark "Game of Thrones" mood so  playing

Crusader kings 2
Divinity: original sin
Endless legend
Dominions 4.

Also reading "Storm of Swords" after the season ended.

I love when I get in a specific gaming mood
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

BanzaiCat

Finally got a couple of reviews done...have more to do but plan on just playin' of reviewable games.

D-Day Omaha Beach
Picket Duty
possibly Cruel Necessity

Also bought Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 for six bucks on Steam a few days back; that game is actually pretty enjoyable.

Some Blood Bowl, for sure. Hope to get my Orc team further. Might try a Goblin or Halfling team because I'd like to play BB where I really don't give a damn about my players.

Also bought Risen this past weekend and had a decent time playing through the first few minutes - might revisit that. And then I did end up pulling the trigger two weeks ago on the Might & Magic 6-pack from GOG, and got F-117 to boot. Hope to give a stealth fighter a spin or two.

The Might & Magic 6-pack is hit or miss:
Might & Magic I: managed to play a few rounds of fight-inn/rest-fight-repeat, but after about 10 or so rounds of that the game stopped refreshing my character's hit points and spell points, and they're all in Good condition with no poisoning, so I have no idea what to do; my spellcasters are now useless and two of my fighters have 1 HP; not even the temple can help, so it must be a bug. I'd hate to start over and get deeper in the game and have it pull this again.

Might & Magic II: started, got my ass kicked thoroughly within 5 minutes because all I have are clubs and no money. Exited.

Might & Magic III: started, got my ass kicked thoroughly within 5 minutes because I suck, exited.

Might & Magic IV/V: started, had some fun clearing the Dwarf mines, found lots of little programmer in-jokes that make me miss the good ol' days. Ended up getting killed by a roving patch of undead, long after my last save point. Exited.

Might & Magic VI: haven't played yet.


Sir Slash

For those of you who can't make-up your mind, Goat Simulator is 40% off at Steam. Just saying.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Over the last week, I have been playing -- and most likely will continue to be playing -- some combination of the following: 

Armada 2526 Supernova
Civilization V
Crusader Kings 2
Distant Worlds: Universe
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Rome II


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Dota 2 of course.  Although since The International 2014 is currently happening I'll probably spend more time watching than playing.

Apocalypse 31

Borderlands 2 has had me consumed with building a new character, as I push near 200 game hours.

Will also play some Insurgency, for my tactical fix.

I also started season 3 of Battlestar Galactica. Frack, that's amazing! I'm not even into sci-fi, but this has been one of the best plots I've ever seen.

Kushan

#26
Going to be 90+ here for the next week, which is too hot to go out and do anything. I'll be playing some combination of the following

Xenonauts: Been playing it almost exclusively for the last week and a half. After some experimentation I found a combo of aircraft that can successfully shoot down an alien corvette with fighter escort. So for the time being unless I get caught with my fighters away my bases should be safe from further attack.

Skyrim: Restarted my Breton battlemage using the random alternate start mod. Took me a few restarts to get a spawn that didn't kill me.

Command: With the release of the v1.04 patch, I've decided its time to force myself to finish some of the half completed scenarios I have. I culled the list down last night and deleted ~10-15 of them. Going to start off by starting another new scenario. Going to kick off my RSR based series with one featuring the hypothetical F-19 Ghostrider (Frisbee) from RSR that was added in the new patch.

Distant Worlds Universe: Continue my Kiadian campaign. Starting to look down the barrel of a severe resource shortage if I don't get mining bases up and running soon.

Divinity OS: After my first game ended with be feeling like I was banging my head against a brick wall, I deleted it from my HD. After I cooled down I re-installed and restarted with a Ranger/Wizard combination. Haven't played very much but so far its going a little better.

I may pick up AGEODs ACW2 from Matrix's deal of the week. Been on the fence with it for awhile but I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger.

[quoe author=Apocalypse 31 link=topic=10624.msg270986#msg270986 date=1405103012]
I also started season 3 of Battlestar Galactica. Frack, that's amazing! I'm not even into sci-fi, but this has been one of the best plots I've ever seen.
[/quote]

Season 1 through 3.5/4 where awesome, after that it went down hill IMO.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

sandman2575

Quote from: Barthheart on July 11, 2014, 08:32:32 AM
Flying home on the red eye from California today....  :P

Ugh, the worst.  Hope you can sleep on planes.  I can't.

World War One Gold for sure.  All the hoopla over the "centennial" edition got me back to playing this, after years.  Love this game, quirks, warts and all.

Doing a taste test between Forge of Freedom and Ageod's Civil War II.  There's incredible depth and novelty to FoF, but it really shows its age when put next to ACW2...

Rayfer

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 11, 2014, 11:31:24 AM
Finally got a couple of reviews done...have more to do but plan on just playin' of reviewable games.

D-Day Omaha Beach
Picket Duty
possibly Cruel Necessity

Also bought Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 for six bucks on Steam a few days back; that game is actually pretty enjoyable.

Some Blood Bowl, for sure. Hope to get my Orc team further. Might try a Goblin or Halfling team because I'd like to play BB where I really don't give a damn about my players.

Also bought Risen this past weekend and had a decent time playing through the first few minutes - might revisit that. And then I did end up pulling the trigger two weeks ago on the Might & Magic 6-pack from GOG, and got F-117 to boot. Hope to give a stealth fighter a spin or two.

The Might & Magic 6-pack is hit or miss:
Might & Magic I: managed to play a few rounds of fight-inn/rest-fight-repeat, but after about 10 or so rounds of that the game stopped refreshing my character's hit points and spell points, and they're all in Good condition with no poisoning, so I have no idea what to do; my spellcasters are now useless and two of my fighters have 1 HP; not even the temple can help, so it must be a bug. I'd hate to start over and get deeper in the game and have it pull this again.

Might & Magic II: started, got my ass kicked thoroughly within 5 minutes because all I have are clubs and no money. Exited.

Might & Magic III: started, got my ass kicked thoroughly within 5 minutes because I suck, exited.

Might & Magic IV/V: started, had some fun clearing the Dwarf mines, found lots of little programmer in-jokes that make me miss the good ol' days. Ended up getting killed by a roving patch of undead, long after my last save point. Exited.

Might & Magic VI: haven't played yet.

VI is the best of the bundle....if you haven't played it before here's a tip....in the early game, survival depends on getting bows for your entire party as soon as possible. In the mid and late game is all about powerful magic and not might.

BanzaiCat

^ Yeah, that's kind of weird...IV lets you do that too but I only figured it out on accident. I only had a bow on my Ranger and a sling on my Sorcerer, then I noticed it let me equip a melee and a ranged weapon...then I put bows into everyone's hands, and little gets close enough to me to do damage. Kind of cool hearing six 'twangs' and thok-thok-thok-thok-thok-thok.

Thanks for the tips, I might try VI this weekend just to see. I didn't like I, II, or III, for spending so much time trying to get decent stat rolls, then having something or other go wrong when I finally got into it.