What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 28, 2014, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Dropzone Commander minis being pieced together.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Toonces

Quote from: calandale on September 06, 2014, 09:37:55 PM
In the midst of Last Chance for Victory.

http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php?topic=554.0

Man alive, I gotta get over to your house.  Your game shelf is EPIC!   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

calandale

About to start a beast of a CDG - Assyrian Wars.

Only other wargame I did recently was the very disappointing Turning Point - what a pile of crap.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: calandale on September 26, 2014, 02:52:01 PMAbout to start a beast of a CDG - Assyrian Wars.

wow - you give those guys a pile of plastic minis and you've got a Fantasy Flight game!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GroggyGrognard

Finally received my copy of FitL today. Great start to the weekend.

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

BanzaiCat

^ It's a damned good-looking game. Getting it out later today with some friends!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on September 26, 2014, 10:52:56 PM

Enjoying it myself on my second Vassal game.  Doing a four player game tomorrow at the local game club.  Can't wait.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Ubercat

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 27, 2014, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: GroggyGrognard on September 26, 2014, 10:52:56 PM

Enjoying it myself on my second Vassal game.  Doing a four player game tomorrow at the local game club.  Can't wait.

And it's your turn, even!

heh. No rush. I'm headed off to work in a minute.  :-[
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

Quote from: calandale on September 26, 2014, 02:52:01 PM
About to start a beast of a CDG - Assyrian Wars.

I watched part of your vids on God Kings awhile back, as the period interested me, but it looked a bit too fiddly in areas.  Is this one better?

BTW.. I had ended up getting the latest Sword Of Rome edition, as the more tried and true CDG, but something closer to the ancient chariot warfare era still piques my interest.  Wasn't Assyrian Wars supposed to be getting a new revised edition sometime in the future?

Bison

Played some ASLSK today.  Re-read the rules between naps and watching some college football.  I freaking love Saturday afternoons in the fall. 

Barthheart

Got in a game of Sergeants! today with a new player. Great fun. Need to play this game more often. Thanks AB for selling it to me.  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on October 04, 2014, 02:51:29 PM
Got in a game of Sergeants! today with a new player. Great fun. Need to play this game more often. Thanks AB for selling it to me.  O0

I picked it up, but haven't played yet.  Gotta find the right opponent sometime.

GJK

Quote from: Bison on October 04, 2014, 02:26:40 PM
Played some ASLSK today.  Re-read the rules between naps and watching some college football.  I freaking love Saturday afternoons in the fall.

Good for you!  It was a beautiful day here...too much so to stay indoors and game.  But tomorrow is a different day.  :)

We should get some ASL(SK) tournaments going.  I think that there's a number of us playing or attempting to play it now.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

Attempting is the operative word on my part.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on October 04, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Glad you're enjoying it, man.  O0