Front Page Sports Football Returning - Can this be true?

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 01, 2014, 07:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 01, 2014, 06:24:55 AM


That said, I'm certain if FPS Football gets even a tiny bit of traction, there will be some dedicated fans out there that will release full mods for the game that will make it an NFL experience. And, without the NFL or Player's Association getting a dime in compensation. I admit that makes me somewhat :smitten: when I think about the NFL not getting more money.

Yep.  I guarantee there will be people making logo mods & such if it's halfway decent. 

The licensing demands of the NFL and MLB are probably pretty ridiculous.  I couldn't imagine a sports manager game coming out these days without the ability to modify the logos, team names, etc.  It would be a big mistake if that were the case.  If there's anything I expect out of this, it's that those are easy to modify.

JudgeDredd

There's probably suits working right now on legislation to prevent modding of a game so people HAVE to buy the licence or suffer the scourge of the paying public by not buying a game without the official data  >:(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

DennisS

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 01, 2014, 06:55:47 AM
There's probably suits working right now on legislation to prevent modding of a game so people HAVE to buy the licence or suffer the scourge of the paying public by not buying a game without the official data  >:(

My first computer was a Texas Instruments TI-99-4A. All their programs were proprietary. I used to get a newsletter from them, shrilly stating that NO ONE would be allowed to develop software for their systems.

Yeah. I sold it as soon as I could, and bought a Commodore 128D, for the cheap as hell price of $1495.00. AWESOME machine, that had TWO ten megabyte hard drives, and ran at a SCREAMING two megahertz!!!!

Nefaro

Quote from: DennisS on October 01, 2014, 06:25:00 PM


My first computer was a Texas Instruments TI-99-4A. All their programs were proprietary. I used to get a newsletter from them, shrilly stating that NO ONE would be allowed to develop software for their systems.


We call that "Apple computers".   If TI had been caught adding unannounced spy software multiple times in their products, forcing overpriced proprietary junk on their customers, and other such practices, they could've been siblings.   ;D

Swatter

Whoever jumps in tomorrow, please report back as soon as you can ;-)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on October 01, 2014, 07:37:12 PM
Quote from: DennisS on October 01, 2014, 06:25:00 PM


My first computer was a Texas Instruments TI-99-4A. All their programs were proprietary. I used to get a newsletter from them, shrilly stating that NO ONE would be allowed to develop software for their systems.


We call that "Apple computers".   If TI had been caught adding unannounced spy software multiple times in their products, forcing overpriced proprietary junk on their customers, and other such practices, they could've been siblings.   ;D
lol +1
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Swatter on October 01, 2014, 10:05:57 PM
Whoever jumps in tomorrow, please report back as soon as you can ;-)

I am buying regardless what people say, but wont be able to play it until the evening after work:(

BanzaiCat

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700

As of right now, it says it will be available in 5 hours on Steam. At least here in the States.

KyzBP

I'm watching with great eagerness and low expectations.  Fingers are crossed.

PanzersEast


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

I just tried to purchase it, but Steam's retarded client keeps sending me back to the main Store page when I choose "Buy for myself" at checkout.  >:(

Damn thing is riddled with bugs.  I'm talking about the Steam client, of course.


EDIT: restarted Steam.  Still screwed up.   ::)  Looks like the impressions will have to wait.

Swatter

Its on sale the first day. At only $15, I am waiting on principle. They can't have my money if its simply a cash grab.

JudgeDredd

#103
First impressions

The bad...

  • No sound
  • Play screen is waaaay too small
  • Seems to go to auto punt on 4th down
  • Did I say no sound (a big one for me)
  • Bit buggy

    • I noticed one time when I lost 5 yards but the screen still said I had 10 to go (I don't think I was seeing things here and I wasn't close enough to my touchline for this to be the issue)
    • It's currently showing no games played and some screens are showing no stats, but the stats screen shows stats
    • It's now very slow when moving between screens. Painfully so

The good

  • You can customise YOUR team (I have no idea if you can customise them all) with proper logo, your own avatar, the name
  • The play system seems fairly intuitive - though I was sure what were running and passing plays - but that's likely my lack of understanding of the kinds of plays
  • Stats - there seems to be a fair few stats (only seen after one game - so I'm not sure how deep or if there's enough for hard core football fans


With the 4th punt, admittedly when I played and I was at 4th down, I had more than a couple of yards to play, maybe that's a setting in the playbook...I'll check - Checked - couldn't see anything
As always - I haven't done a THING here except fire it up and play. I didn't see any options on the main screen, just New Game and quit.

It took me quit a while to work out that you click the Next Week button to actually go into a game

As I have posted this, I am now going to dig and see if there's any settings.

*edit*
Definitely no options in the game for sound or size of display. The display is really, REALLY small. Think iPad or Kindle
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Swatter