What's your morning routine?

Started by MetalDog, August 01, 2014, 08:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

What do you do after you get up in the morning?  Specifically, for a work day.  Is it the same routine?  Or do you vary it?  First thing I do is pee.  Then to the kitchen to wash my hands and put on the water for oatmeal.  Make my sandwiches and pack my cooler for the day.  The oatmeal is done.  I go back to the bedroom, sit at my desk and look at my computer for the next twenty or thirty minutes.  Soon as I am done, I put on Pandora, go into the bathroom, get the shaving and the tooth brushing done and then it's get dressed and leave for work.  I try to make it out the door by 6:30, but, it's usually 6:40 or :45 before I get in the car.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Sometimes #1 Son wakes me at 4:30 to turn on his DVD player. I go back to sleep (not really). Sometimes he sleeps until my alarm clock goes off at 5:30 (yay!). Then I make breakfast for #2 son ( 2 strips of bacon, 1 bagel with butter, one small Sunny D, and meds, pill) while drawing up the meds, liquid, pill for # 1 son. I bring breakfast/meds to Son #2 and then dispense meds to Son #1.

I make coffee  :D

Then I dress and shave Son #1 and brush his teeth while giving him a 180ml feeding of 1.5 cal per 1ml of formula via his feeding tube through his gastrostomy. I wipe the toothpaste off his face and then go down to the livingroom to check out the GH page.

After that I make sure Son # 2 has gotten his backpack ready for school, snack and all, and explain for the millionth time why he can't go and close his brother's bedroom door to block the sound of the PBS kids shows that # 1 Son likes. Then I fold laundry while looking out the window and waiting for either the white van (#1 Son)  or the small yellow schoolbus ( #2 Son) to show up.

After sons #1 and 2 have been seen safely off to school I make another cup of coffee (yay!), and spend 120 seconds looking at my back yard.

Then I shower and go to work.

:)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

120 sounds soooooo much longer than two minutes, doesn't it? ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Yes it does. Sometimes a lifetime even.  :)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grimnirsson

QuoteFirst thing I do is pee.  Then to the kitchen to wash my hands

Hm...I wash my hands in the lavatory  O:-)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Jarhead0331

...bitch and moan about how much I hate going to work. Followed by more bitching and moaning about how I wish it was the weekend. Take a dump while checking the news, my email and GH on my iPad (I'm at this phase right now as I type this). I may then go back into bed for a few minutes to prolong the inevitable. Get into the shower. Shave, groom, maybe jerk off, depending on mood. Towel off, grab a quick bite, have a coffee or oj depending on how far behind schedule I am. Go into nursery to recover baby jarhead. Change baby jarhead. Put on suit. Wait for nanny to arrive. Bitch and moan about how nanny is always 10 minutes late. Hand off baby to nanny. Get in truck and go.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

it is carefully coordinated plan knowing i need 10 mins to get showered/teeth brushed, and 10 mins to get dressed - the rest belongs to sleep - conference at 6am - 540, office requiring leave house at 815 - 755

sleep beats breakfast, coffee, juice, walking around and what ever else JH does in his morning routine - i leave the house like a zombie but ive had as much ZZZZs as i can get

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
conference at 6am - 540, office requiring leave house at 815 - 755

wait.... what?   ???
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mirth

Wake up, wonder where the hell am I, who's the chick next to me and where are my pants?

Oh there they are.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
it is carefully coordinated plan knowing i need 10 mins to get showered/teeth brushed, and 10 mins to get dressed - the rest belongs to sleep - conference at 6am - 540, office requiring leave house at 815 - 755

sleep beats breakfast, coffee, juice, walking around and what ever else JH does in his morning routine - i leave the house like a zombie but ive had as much ZZZZs as i can get

I don't get more than five or six hours uninterrupted, but I'll hit the snooze alarm four times before I roll out of the rack.  I gotta have breakfast though.  It would be something more substantial than oatmeal and a fig bar, but, that snooze gets me every time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MetalDog on August 02, 2014, 11:42:11 AM

...but I'll hit the snooze alarm four times before I roll out of the rack. 

I f*cking hate this habit! My wife wakes up at 0530 to be at the hospital by 0700, but she doesn't get out of bed until around 0630. Her God damn alarm goes off every 10 minutes for the better part of an hour and I really don't need to wake up until 0730 usually...but no. Because of her stupid habit, I wake up at 0530 every morning and so the bitching begins much early than is actually necessary.

I don't understand why you people can't just sleep until you have to wake up?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


GDS_Starfury

wear earplugs or see if she can use earphones.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MetalDog

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 02, 2014, 12:05:36 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on August 02, 2014, 11:42:11 AM

...but I'll hit the snooze alarm four times before I roll out of the rack. 

I f*cking hate this habit! My wife wakes up at 0530 to be at the hospital by 0700, but she doesn't get out of bed until around 0630. Her God damn alarm goes off every 10 minutes for the better part of an hour and I really don't need to wake up until 0730 usually...but no. Because of her stupid habit, I wake up at 0530 every morning and so the bitching begins much early than is actually necessary.

I don't understand why you people can't just sleep until you have to wake up?

I live by myself.  And when my daughter lives at home, her door is closed.  Plus, she sleeps like the dead.  When I was married, my wife would get up before me, so it didn't bother her.  Before THAT, I didn't have a job that required me waking up to an alarm.  Once me and t(F)w get married, I will get up when the alarm goes off the first time.  She has a horrible time getting to, and staying, asleep. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

What is this waking up "in the morning" thing that you all speak of?  It's completely outside of my experience.  ??? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Atilla60

1 - Getting out of bed
2 - Turn on the coffee maker
3 - Shower
4 - Breakfast, while watching the news
5 - Go to work and about 1 hour later, I'm awake.
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -