Main Menu

Hps Middle East?

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 03, 2014, 04:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for the additional detail on mods and differences between versions...leanings towards the hps version and then applying all the mods.

Cyrano

There's been a bit of chit-chat as to whether the Waterloo decision was a deliberate move to "reclaim" the HPS versions of the games or not.

I can only say that I have long appreciated the support for these games that probably haven't made money for JTS in ages.

That, I'd never play the Napoleonic or PZC games with the stock graphics.  Hard to bear...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Boggit

Quote from: Cyrano on August 04, 2014, 06:19:25 PM
That, I'd never play the Napoleonic or PZC games with the stock graphics.  Hard to bear...
I'm the same. Fortunately there are alternatives with the mods - and some are gorgeous like exjax2's napoleonic 3d art mods... That said, things are looking up at JTS - Joe Amoral did some really cool unit cards for Panzer Battles Kursk - completely new approach, and very welcome. I hope he rolls it back to the old titles. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Cougar_DK

-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Cyrano

http://mapmod.hist-sdc.com/ -- for the PZC series

http://www.volcanomods.com/ -- everything

Amazed at the effort people put out there just to make our games better.

Thanks to them!!

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Boggit

Quote from: Cyrano on August 06, 2014, 03:45:27 PM
http://mapmod.hist-sdc.com/ -- for the PZC series

http://www.volcanomods.com/ -- everything

Amazed at the effort people put out there just to make our games better.

Thanks to them!!

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Definitely +1. The modding community deserves our thanks...  regularly! :smitten: O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Does anyone have screen pictures of Middle East with all the mods applied?

Asid

#22
Hope this helps

Mapmods + Volcanomods (i listed both links.

The first is with the "View" "special markers on top" option





War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

The above screenshots are from the HPS install
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

Thank you for posting...looks pretty good

Asid



Original "vanilla" version
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

panzerde

Quote from: Boggit on August 06, 2014, 02:05:52 PM

I'm the same. Fortunately there are alternatives with the mods - and some are gorgeous like exjax2's napoleonic 3d art mods... That said, things are looking up at JTS - Joe Amoral did some really cool unit cards for Panzer Battles Kursk - completely new approach, and very welcome. I hope he rolls it back to the old titles. O0

Agree on the Kursk graphics - much improved.  JTS is applying that map style to the Panzer Campaigns games, but not yet to the unit markers.

Any link on the Napoleonic 3D mod? Not having any luck with Uncle Google.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Grim.Reaper

Just curious, is anyone able to download the art pack for Middle east from the mod site?  I get "You are trying to access from a non-authorized domain. (www.volcanomods.com)" when I try to do it.  Other packs seem to download ok.  Not sure if just me, or problem with the download itsemf.

http://www.volcanomods.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=14&Itemid=27

Asid

Quote from: panzerde on August 06, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

Any link on the Napoleonic 3D mod? Not having any luck with Uncle Google.

Napoleon's Russian Campaign Art Mod by Philippe

https://app.box.com/s/d0d3d0a21e49cd9420f2
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

panzerde

Quote from: Asid on August 06, 2014, 08:41:18 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 06, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

Any link on the Napoleonic 3D mod? Not having any luck with Uncle Google.

Napoleon's Russian Campaign Art Mod by Philippe

https://app.box.com/s/d0d3d0a21e49cd9420f2


Thanks. Didn't realize he was talking about Philippe's mod. I have that; I thought this was a different 3D mod.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres