Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I'm not sure. I DO know this...

I was about to infiltrate a base and I found a diamond (the one under the bed). When I left the room, I was spotted by an unseen enemy and the alarm kicked off. As I like to be stealthy, I reloaded the mission from the checkpoint and the diamond was in the same place and I was able to collect it. I did not check my GMP - but I would've thought it had gone back to what it was at the start of the checkpoint.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Not sure...but I am doing it a little different than you....I am not loading from the last checkpoint, but choosing the option to completely restart the mission....that is why I was thinking it would basically revert everything back to never happening in the mission, just like I never played it.  But must not be the case.

JudgeDredd

Next time you do that, check your GMP (in your iDroid - bottom right) to see what it's at. If when you restart it goes back to the value at the start of the mission, then I'd reckon that's a bug. If it doesn't, then it's no big deal I guess...as long as you get the GMP.

But I know for a fact from that particular mission and restarting from the checkpoint that the diamond was where it was previously. tbh, I wasn't expecting it to be there but it was. Also - I had restarted from the checkpoint on that mission several times and that diamond was there each time.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

#78
For you GR

This diamond was picked up by me. I restarted the mission from a checkpoint, and it was still there



That wee "jump to the floor" thing I did in that video is a habit I haven't been able to shake as of yet...using space to jump over things. I keep forgetting you don't jump in this...you climb.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

No idea why not showing up for me:(

JudgeDredd

I also restarted that mission by going back to the ACC (helicopter) and re-selecting the mission...so effectively restarting the mission...and it was there.

So sorry - I have no clue why they aren't re-showing for you.

I do know other things change - like the info soldiers tell you...restarting a mission does not get the same info from the soldiers as the last time.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Apocalypse 31

Aside from the wierd sci-fi plot, I'm really enjoying this one.

I've noticed some oddities with reloading checkpoints and missions; I FEEL like you don't lose the resources that you collected once you restart. Diamonds will reappear, but I THINK you can recollect. Same with heroism (reputation)

I started to notice this after i had to reload the second mission at least three times to complete all of the objectives . also, areas will repopulate with soldiers between missions, but the communications equipment will not.

My new technique is to clear an area using stealth then destroy the radios, air radar and AA guns. This will prevent the enemy from being able to call for reinforcements or shoot down choppers if/when you return to a village or base. With the enemy being isolated you can play more aggressively; in my case I will call for chopper support - devastating with the rocket add-on - and fight my way in with assault rifles, grenade launchers, and RPGs. It is a nice change, but you won't get the benefits of interrogating and locating resources.


Jarhead0331

I think the game kicks ass and frankly, I'm becoming obsessed. I bought the official strategy guide and lately, it is all I'm thinking about. I bought Mad Max and Nobunaga and I have not even touched MAx and only scratched the tutorial of Nobunaga. All other gaming time has been spent with MGSV.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

^ I knew you'd be back if I stopped being a complete dick  :-*
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 08, 2015, 11:07:26 AM
^ I knew you'd be back if I stopped being a complete dick  :-*

You weren't being a dick! lol

Just a debbie downer...I actually realized that you are playing the game on the pc and not using a gamepad, so I reconsidered your objections with respect to sluggish control. I can see control with mouse and keyboard being a PITA. I was considering starting a separate thread for the game in the console department for those of us who are playing on ps4, xbone, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

dont make me buy it you bastards  :(  >:(

Freyland

Geek, I have a code for the game that came with a rig I purchased that I would sell to you for half the Steam price (so, $30).  I will even be willing to send you the code before you send any funds, since I am the "new guy" by comparison.  PM as desired.

Jonathan

undercovergeek

PM sent sir - thats a very generous gesture, thankyou

ive mentioned in my PM making sure you get the right money in the right currency - im all ears for ideas

JudgeDredd

Nice offer Freyland and geek - you're gonna regret it. It's a bit of a time sink. I've played 26 hours so far  :idiot2:

And JH - "Debbie downer"?  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 08, 2015, 02:46:08 PM
Nice offer Freyland and geek - you're gonna regret it. It's a bit of a time sink. I've played 26 hours so far  :idiot2:

And JH - "Debbie downer"?  :P

Yes.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18