Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

#90
lol

Ok - I'm a bit at a loss with the Motherbase. I'd appreciate any info you may have

I believe you can upgrade your base - but I can't see how to do that. I have captured gun emplacements and mortars, but can only sell them. Is that what they are for? To sell, or can you upgrade your base? Do you perhaps have to be a certain level (or your research staff) before you can upgrade the base? I noticed there are parts of the base with signs saying "Under Construction" or something similar.

I am off to look for info - but if you know anything - now's the time to tell me.  O0

*edit*
I did find this http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/metal-gear-solid-5-mother-base-guide/2900-311/4/


Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Apocalypse 31

#91
This game is addictive.

Im finding that every new equipment unlock changes my entire approach to the game.

I've been watching YouTube videos and I can't believe how much equipment becomes available....rifles, RPGs, tanks, mercs, air strikes. The developers have made this quite a versatile game. Players are no longer limited to a stealthy approach for everything.

I also saw a video that showed Angola as a theater.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 07, 2015, 01:53:32 PM
For you GR

This diamond was picked up by me. I restarted the mission from a checkpoint, and it was still there



That wee "jump to the floor" thing I did in that video is a habit I haven't been able to shake as of yet...using space to jump over things. I keep forgetting you don't jump in this...you climb.

I still think the difference is your starting from a checkpoint, I am completely restarting the mission...only difference I can think of why your seeing something different.

jomni

I think I'm missing out by playing more Nobunaga than this.  :-\


jomni


Jarhead0331

#96
What was the point of choosing an avatar in the beginning of e game? You can even still alter it from the customization screen in the aerial command center, but what is the point? You don't play as the avatar...I presume it's your online persona only?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 09, 2015, 06:17:48 AM
What was the point of choosing an avatar in the beginning of e game? You can even still alter it from the customization screen in the aerial command center, but what is the point? You don't play as the avatar...I presume it's your online persona only?
I was wondering the same thing - I spent ages on it - then I had a horn!

I came to the same conclusion as you - that it's your online avatar/persona
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

What happens if you go back and replay a mission you have successfully completed, but then fail on the replay?

For instance, in the first 5 main story missions, I only completed 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 mission goals. I would like to go back and replay them to try to accomplish all the mission goals. However, not if failing means I lose anything or have to repeat my progress. Also, will I have all the gear I have unlocked since playing that past mission, or will it put me back to the where I was when I first beat the mission?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 09, 2015, 08:38:49 AM
What happens if you go back and replay a mission you have successfully completed, but then fail on the replay?

For instance, in the first 5 main story missions, I only completed 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 mission goals. I would like to go back and replay them to try to accomplish all the mission goals. However, not if failing means I lose anything or have to repeat my progress. Also, will I have all the gear I have unlocked since playing that past mission, or will it put me back to the where I was when I first beat the mission?
I don't even know you can go back can you? Once a mission is complete, I thought it was greyed out in the menu. You can abandon a mission and go back to Motherbase and do that mission the next day (I'm sure) and you can stop a mission and reload from a checkpoint - but I thought completed missions were disabled.

I'm at work so can't check properly - just spit balling what I remember
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 09, 2015, 08:57:25 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 09, 2015, 08:38:49 AM
What happens if you go back and replay a mission you have successfully completed, but then fail on the replay?

For instance, in the first 5 main story missions, I only completed 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 mission goals. I would like to go back and replay them to try to accomplish all the mission goals. However, not if failing means I lose anything or have to repeat my progress. Also, will I have all the gear I have unlocked since playing that past mission, or will it put me back to the where I was when I first beat the mission?
I don't even know you can go back can you? Once a mission is complete, I thought it was greyed out in the menu. You can abandon a mission and go back to Motherbase and do that mission the next day (I'm sure) and you can stop a mission and reload from a checkpoint - but I thought completed missions were disabled.

I'm at work so can't check properly - just spit balling what I remember

I'm pretty sure you can go back and replay them. I did this with the first motherbase training mission.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Apocalypse 31

I've been focusing on side missions. I purged my staff yesterday; fired all the C/D/E performers and aligned the right skills within the right shops. I've noticed that I'm getting better volunteers now, and the overall performance seems much more effective.

My new goal is to work on the side missions or just move to populated areas where I can find talented Soldiers. I will analyze every Soldier to find and extract B-rated Soldiers then loot whatever I can.

I'm also experimenting with more lethal routes. For example, once I can extract all the higher-rated Soldiers I usually call for chopper support to flush out baddies as I move through with grenades, rockets, and a machine gun.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on September 09, 2015, 11:28:21 AM
I've been focusing on side missions. I purged my staff yesterday; fired all the C/D/E performers and aligned the right skills within the right shops. I've noticed that I'm getting better volunteers now, and the overall performance seems much more effective.

My new goal is to work on the side missions or just move to populated areas where I can find talented Soldiers. I will analyze every Soldier to find and extract B-rated Soldiers then loot whatever I can.

I'm also experimenting with more lethal routes. For example, once I can extract all the higher-rated Soldiers I usually call for chopper support to flush out baddies as I move through with grenades, rockets, and a machine gun.
I need to do that with my staff. I have maxed out on research and Support I think and I've got 30 in the "waiting room". I need to go through and make sure I've got the right ones...then I need to stop picking up anything worse than C...currently I take any old crap...and they probably eat into my GMP.

Are you aware if you call a support chopper your "level" for completion is anchored at less than it could be (A I think)? It's pretty cool calling the support chopper in though...and they're good!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Sigma One

I just like calling in my chopper and hearing the music you have set to its speakers blare out as rockets and machine fire rain down from above:



I'm at about 15% completion with roughly 20 hours in. I find the side missions a great 'warmup' to do before story missions - practice loadouts and what buddies to bring along.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 09, 2015, 11:33:37 AM
Are you aware if you call a support chopper your "level" for completion is anchored at less than it could be (A I think)? It's pretty cool calling the support chopper in though...and they're good!

I am, but its just so awesome. I'm not interested in mission ratings.

I've only completed two missions. I'm trying to unlock the heavy recovery system so I can extract material containers.