To End All Wars released today

Started by Boggit, August 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ian C

No problems buying or downloading from the AGEOD site this morning. Might have been a bottleneck online as everyone purchased at the same time?

Played tutorial. Playing as Western Entente 4 turns. First impressions- It looks beautiful. Feels very deep. Chose plan 17 historical. Went for quick thrust into Germany and took Mulhouse but had a Germany counter-offensive. Brussels has fallen and moving BEF to Ypres.  Had one big naval battle with the Royal Navy against Germany. Liking it so far. Possibly one of the best computer wargames I've bought. Certainly, the classiest.


PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 09:29:51 PM
I also plan to pick up Hannibal: Terror Of Rome sometime soon.  I'll just have to remember to do it in the middle of the day when the gerbil isn't falling off it's wheel from exhaustion.  :))

I have looked at that one as well..... but have not done so yet.  I have a lot of stuff on my drive, but that one has peaked my interest.

PE

bayonetbrant

ATTENTION ON DECK

STAND BY FOR CONTEST

THAT IS ALL
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bboyer66

#18
 Tutorial was easy enough. A little too vague though for the complexity of the game. From what I understand there are more tutorial hints in the actual campaign.

My other main concern is that you cant play the entire Entente. You either can play the East (Russia, Serbia, etc) or the West (France, Britain, Belgium, etc). Hopefully that can be resolved in a patch.

  Quite a few complaints in the forums on the historical OOB of the Belgians, and how it is too easy for the Germans to destroy the Belgian Army.

All in all, I like the game so far. If you have played other AGEOD games, you will feel right at home. Definitely needs some patching though, to bring it up to speed in some areas, which AGEOD has a good track-record of.

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 26, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
Download email just showed up. Took about two hours, total.

Must've batch processed them.  So did mine.

I'm a bit confused here. When I purchased from the matrix site it instantly took me to another web page on the site with a download link. I clicked on it downloaded it and started it up. I did not have to wait for an email
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

bboyer66

Quote from: mikeck on August 27, 2014, 10:18:19 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 26, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
Download email just showed up. Took about two hours, total.

Must've batch processed them.  So did mine.

I'm a bit confused here. When I purchased from the matrix site it instantly took me to another web page on the site with a download link. I clicked on it downloaded it and started it up. I did not have to wait for an email

Same here. Or you could download from the email.

tgb

I've played the tutorial and messed around with it while reading the manual.  I like the fact that the Entente has been split into two separate playable factions - it makes the game more manageable.  I also like that Aegeod is attempting to introduce diplomacy and a tech tree.  While not as deep as the rest of the game, it's a move in the right direction, imo.

Ian C

Quote from: tgb on August 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM
it's a move in the right direction, imo.

It also shows it's now possible for AGEOD to make a strategic WW2 game, and I'll look forward to that greatly.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Rayfer

Quote from: tgb on August 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM
I've played the tutorial and messed around with it while reading the manual.  I like the fact that the Entente has been split into two separate playable factions - it makes the game more manageable.  I also like that Aegeod is attempting to introduce diplomacy and a tech tree.  While not as deep as the rest of the game, it's a move in the right direction, imo.

Curious....what are the two Entente factions you can play?

bboyer66

Quote from: Rayfer on August 27, 2014, 11:46:12 AM
Quote from: tgb on August 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM
I've played the tutorial and messed around with it while reading the manual.  I like the fact that the Entente has been split into two separate playable factions - it makes the game more manageable.  I also like that Aegeod is attempting to introduce diplomacy and a tech tree.  While not as deep as the rest of the game, it's a move in the right direction, imo.

Curious....what are the two Entente factions you can play?

East (Russia,Serbia,Etc) or West (France Britain,Etc)

SirAndrewD

Mine downloaded this morning as well.  Took a while for the e-mail.  Good sign for the popularity of the game.  Not terribly surprising, I've been itching to see Ageod do WW1 for a long while. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on August 27, 2014, 10:18:19 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 26, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
Download email just showed up. Took about two hours, total.

Must've batch processed them.  So did mine.

I'm a bit confused here. When I purchased from the matrix site it instantly took me to another web page on the site with a download link. I clicked on it downloaded it and started it up. I did not have to wait for an email


Not the case for us, in the evening.

I clicked a link regarding purchase status, and it was listed as "processing".   No d/l or key listed.  Had to wait about an hour on the email.

It all got done without any need for extra effort.  It's the first time I'd seen it process so slowly there, however.  I was initially concerned that it wouldn't completely process on the "don't leave or reload this page" part.  It sat there just short of ten minutes.  I've had that screw up once before elsewhere when it sat on that 'processing' part for too long, charging me but not completing my order.  All worked out though.

mikeck

Quote from: Ian C on August 27, 2014, 11:32:09 AM
Quote from: tgb on August 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM
it's a move in the right direction, imo.

It also shows it's now possible for AGEOD to make a strategic WW2 game, and I'll look forward to that greatly.

:tickedoff:
Please god no.... Lol
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on August 27, 2014, 12:17:15 PM
Quote from: mikeck on August 27, 2014, 10:18:19 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 26, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
Download email just showed up. Took about two hours, total.

Must've batch processed them.  So did mine.

I'm a bit confused here. When I purchased from the matrix site it instantly took me to another web page on the site with a download link. I clicked on it downloaded it and started it up. I did not have to wait for an email


Not the case for us, in the evening.

I clicked a link regarding purchase status, and it was listed as "processing".   No d/l or key listed.  Had to wait about an hour on the email.

It all got done without any need for extra effort.  It's the first time I'd seen it process so slowly there, however.  I was initially concerned that it wouldn't completely process on the "don't leave or reload this page" part.  It sat there just short of ten minutes.  I've had that screw up once before elsewhere when it sat on that 'processing' part for too long, charging me but not completing my order.  All worked out though.

Well you aren't the only one having this issue, that's for sure. I got lucky I suppose. Hopefully it gets worked out soon
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson