Pride of Nations: Anyone want to join a PBEM game?

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, September 02, 2014, 04:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Tuna

I'd love to, but I haven't done crap with it, so don't know how to play.. will you be gentle like Metaldog is with his neighbors in Warlock?

Silent Disapproval Robot

I have no idea what I'm doing either Tuna.  I figure getting slapped around by some human opponents might actually force me to learn the game.

Any preference for nationality, UCG?

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on September 09, 2014, 08:04:15 PM
I'd love to, but I haven't done crap with it, so don't know how to play.. will you be gentle like Metaldog is with his neighbors in Warlock?

I'll be following along if you guys do this.  Please write it up.


And I resemble that remark
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

What's the latest patch version. I went on the ageod forum, but didn't see any patch links.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The last official patch is 1.03d.  There's a beta patch 1.04RC2 plus a hot fix that fixes some economy bugs and speeds up turn processing but it adds some new bugs.  The worst one is that it makes all the text disappear from the population screen.  We'll have to decide which version to play if we're going to do this.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 09, 2014, 09:47:53 PM
The last official patch is 1.03d.  There's a beta patch 1.04RC2 plus a hot fix that fixes some economy bugs and speeds up turn processing but it adds some new bugs.  The worst one is that it makes all the text disappear from the population screen.  We'll have to decide which version to play if we're going to do this.

i dont think any of us knows what we're doing which makes it a level playing ground

ill go for Italy if thats ok

Silent Disapproval Robot

Italy?  Somebody's getting ahead of themself, you megalomaniac! 
Sardinia-Piedmont it is then.

I'm thinking Russia.   Anyone else?  Tuna? 

undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 10, 2014, 08:26:35 AM
Italy?  Somebody's getting ahead of themself, you megalomaniac! 
Sardinia-Piedmont it is then.

I'm thinking Russia.   Anyone else?  Tuna?

lmao, indeed

Tuna

I'd like to join, gotta get it installed patched, and just run the tutorial. I'm non steam that ok? What's a good country for another noon.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm non-Steam as well.

You've got your choice of the UK, France, Prussia, Austria, Belgium, the Ottomans, the US, or Japan.

I'd say avoid the UK as they'll be overwhelming and avoid Japan as there's really nothing for them to do until the Commodore Perry event triggers.

undercovergeek

im steam  :-\

im assuming it doesnt matter, although it was originally not steam if its a deal breaker and ill find the install on gamersgate

Silent Disapproval Robot

Should be an easy test.  I think the main issue will be ensuring that we are running the same patch.  I'm not sure what the Steam version is patched to. 

undercovergeek

steam is 1.04, but i think you can roll back - need to check on home PC

Tuna

I'll just install when I get home. Won't patch till I hear a version. Too bad us Gamersgate people got dis-owned by slitherine we couldn't get Steam keys  :'(