Pride of Nations: Anyone want to join a PBEM game?

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, September 02, 2014, 04:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

SDR starts the game and emails you France.trn and me Italy.trn, do your stuff, save it and send france.ord back to SDR, he puts all the .ord files into the game runs it and presses end turn - hey presto

but only SDR sees the turn played out live, you and i just get the message feed at the bottom of the screen

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, so here are the options menus.  Please chime in and we'll get a consensus on what settings to use.

First are game options: 



Fog of War:                      On/Off  (I vote for on)
Activation Rule:                 None/Some/High  (Some is default so I'm voting for that.)
Randomized Generals:       Low/Medium/High/Strong  (Doesn't matter to me.  I know nothing about the Russian generals at the time.)
Extended Pool:                  +0%/+50%/+100%/+200%  (I vote for +0%)
Sphere of Influence:           Historical/Extended  (I'd go for historical just so we aren't slaughtering one another from turn 1)
Redeployment:                  0/1/3/6  (Instant redeployment on the map seems ahistorical so I vote for zero).
Historical Attrition:              None/All  (I don't think the middle option will work in a PBEM game, so it becomes a yes/no to attrition.)
Ext Struct Pool:                 +0%/+50%/+100%/+200%  (Notes say the game's only been tested for +0%.)
Extended Claims:              Historical/Historical+ Adjacent Territories



Silent Disapproval Robot

And AI



AI Ranking:                          Private/Sergeant/Lieutennant/Colonel
Activation Bonus:                 easy/normal/hard/very hard
AI Detect Bonus:                  none/low/medium/high/very high
Aggressiveness:                   low/normal/high


Tuna

They look fine to me, since I don't know what they do anyways. Why no middle button on attrition, we don't want it too harsh, but nothing would be stupid.

undercovergeek

top section i agree with you, except id like historical generals - id maybe like to have a look at their profiles in down times

and go default for the bottom section

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Tuna on September 11, 2014, 11:15:42 AM
They look fine to me, since I don't know what they do anyways. Why no middle button on attrition, we don't want it too harsh, but nothing would be stupid.

The middle attrition button means that only the player is affected by attrition, not the AI.  I'm not sure, but I think in a PBEM game only the host counts as the "player" so only he would be affected by attrition if that is the case.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Alright, so here's what I'll put in if nobody's got any objections.

Fog of War:                       On
Activation Rule:                  Some
Randomized Generals:       Low (low is equal to historical generals)
Extended Pool:                  +0%
Sphere of Influence:           Historical
Redeployment:                  0
Historical Attrition:             All 
Ext Struct Pool:                +0%
Extended Claims:              Historical

AI:                                       On
AI Ranking:                          Sergeant
Activation Bonus:                 Normal
AI Detect Bonus:                  Medium
Aggressiveness:                   Normal


Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, turn 1 .trn files sent.  Let the madness begin.

Tuna


Silent Disapproval Robot

#70
New beta patch is out.  Grab it here.  Readme isn't available yet but it's supposed to fix the missing data from the census screen, fix the missing artwork on the unit data pages, decrease the time it takes to resolve a turn by 15%, and....ummmm.....stuff.


http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38402-PON-1-04-public-beta-patch

EDIT:  The installer is really slow.  It seems like it's doing nothing for about 5-6 minutes before it actually starts up so if you install it, just wait it out and it'll work.


Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 07, 2014, 12:08:57 AM
New beta patch is out.  Grab it here.  Readme isn't available yet but it's supposed to fix the missing data from the census screen, fix the missing artwork on the unit data pages, decrease the time it takes to resolve a turn by 15%, and....ummmm.....stuff.


http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38402-PON-1-04-public-beta-patch


Ooohhh reeeallyyy?   8)

Hopefully nothing new is broken after these improvements.  That has often been the case before with PrON.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The unit art work is still not displaying.  (UCG, Tuna.  Don't install it as it breaks our current game.)

Tuna


Tuna

did you upgrade everything to 4c before the beta patch? or that not necessary? Or is it just the exe that get's updated in these patches?